NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

Travman Travman , I'm a bit jealous.
Those would be absolutely perfect if ya just had the fork, to go with that knife and spoon set. ;) :)
Seriously... fantastic pair Trav!!! :cool:

Was oiling my knives the other evening and spent a few minutes with these guys. Rich was such a cool guy to talk to on the phone when these were released and Eric did a bangup job on them.

hSeH2zg.jpg

A notable pair of two-blade jack knives, nearly identical in size: a no-frills worker and a spendy cousin. Love 'em both! Camillus TL-29 electrician from New York in unassuming black delrin, and CK-Lionsteel caplifter barlow from Italy in bronzed titanium and some flashy stag. 20210730_135130~2_resize_10.jpg20210730_135041~2_resize_37.jpg20210730_134848~2_resize_72.jpg

HOLY SMOKES CHIP :eek: That is a monster Navaja - what a beauty. What's the story on that one?

HOLY SMOKES CHIP :eek: That is a monster Navaja - what a beauty. What's the story on that one?
I picked it up last month off AZCK with basically no backstory...I figure it's either Victorian or contemporary manufacturer but done very well using traditional methods. It had an extra three inches or so of handle, so this week I trimmed it down and whipped up that pommel...proportions are way better now and it's got a WICKED snap cut with the extra weight😎

Edit- before pic

20210717_180404~2.jpg

I picked it up last month off AZCK with basically no backstory...I figure it's either Victorian or contemporary manufacturer but done very well using traditional methods. It had an extra three inches or so of handle, so this week I trimmed it down and whipped up that pommel...proportions are way better now and it's got a WICKED snap cut with the extra weight😎

Edit- before pic

View attachment 1615476

I had a 14" (open) ratchet version that I sold. Was very cool but unmanageable for my life in Maine :rolleyes: I like both versions of yours but admit that the shortened one has its merits. Quite a finial you put on it. Thought it might be another way to wind the blade open and closed. :)

I had a 14" (open) ratchet version that I sold. Was very cool but unmanageable for my life in Maine :rolleyes: I like both versions of yours but admit that the shortened one has its merits. Quite a finial you put on it. Thought it might be another way to wind the blade open and closed. :)
Dang, that's a shame you don't still have it (so you could sell it to me😂). I've also got one of the old school Fury ratcheting navajas from the Sportsman's Guide catalogs in the 90's... a smidge bigger than this one and a total wall hanger but my inner 14 year old still loves it🤣

Back