NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

n1jpCFN.jpg

UKaTypj.jpg

5sqrA6u.jpg

drmCBW2.jpg

4zc0iV6.jpg

What year is that penny? How do the two compare James?
Alan the penny is a 1944.
The roundhead is about .125" longer and thicker yet lighter the the 77. The 77 has a more firm pull with a flawless build. The big and obvious difference is the materials used. One would do well with either but better with both.

I dropped in to see what's been happening in this thread for the past week, and, as advertised, there are lots of notable pairs. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: A few that especially grabbed me follow.

Two bocote covered knives I find notable. The top is a 2015 BF knife, an amazing knife in design and build that causes me to lament Canal Street's dissolution. The Keen Kutter (also no longer operating) was reconstructed with help from Markesharp making it unique and notable.
w4xCwxy.jpg
No doubt about that being notable wood, James!! :cool::thumbsup:

And Stag Jacks.
G0By7Tj.jpg
Notable polished stag pair, mykel!! :cool::thumbsup:

TWO notable pairs, Vaporstang - Alox and Valox!! :cool::thumbsup:

BfkHX5Qh.jpg

Schrade Walden 804 / GEC #38 Grinling Whittler
Notable and noble whittlers, Greg!! :cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Well, maybe some from age, but when I first got it I sanded down the high spots exposing a lot of white bone which I didn't like. So then I applied a real light coat of medium brown leather dye and it really soaked in because that side is pithier than the other and it ended up turning yellow on me for some reason.
Age and handling has some to do with it I suppose, but the brown dye soaking in and turning yellow really did it.
Here's the other side for comparison.
Not as pithy and not quite as yellow.

ThJaGQp.jpg

Fine pile sides and some very 'notable' work on that Forum Knife, lots of character to it :cool:

Thanks, Will

I like these Queen 49s so much that I picked up another. They present such a big, solid, working knife in a good steel with rugged construction. Getting them on the secondary market in particular make these knives such a tremendous value.

02Lx4fo.jpg

Back