Nutnfancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He catches a lot of flak, but I do not find too much wrong with him (just my opinion haters). I find his videos to be very good usually, but he is not a guy that spends a ton on a single knife like many of us and he does not know about the custom market really (he knows it is there but he is a production guy). I find his videos entertaining, but they may not be everyones cup of tea. Do I agree with everything he says? No, not at all, but I do think he has some good points and he gives an honest review to the best of his ability. Seems like a down to earth guy and not sure why everyone thinks he is a toolbag. It is not like he is a go to guy for self defense training (seek professional help for that). He does have some good reviews and advice as far as backpacking go. If your looking for more minimalist videos or tutorials there are a lot of different guys on youtube such as Dave Canterbury. I like to experiment with styles and mess around and take a little from each. So bring it on haters, I actually do not think he is a tool.

Well, I for one actually enjoy Nutnfancy's vids, and think that they contain good information, with a real world approach and experience, he also puts a good perspective on philosophies, even if they differ from my own. that being said, sometimes he can be on the egotistical side, which kinda gets old.

Three points: opinions without evidence faulty or factual are useless as there is nothing to debate, their is merit in his videos if nothing for the fact of the the variety and scope of his subject material, if their is a topic or person you wish to know about either go to the source or ask direct questions so you can form your own opinion. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone just hate to waste time on nonsensical issues

Watched a few of his vids. Does an okay overview of the knives I have seen. Just stop with all the sounds effects already!

He's a big goofy dude, and he's the first to admit it - you gotta give him that, and I can respect that. And he was one of the first guys out there doing actual vids (instead of just shooting his mouth off on some forum) about what he does, why he does it, and what works or doesn't work. Plus he does have 20 years of military service under his belt (can't say anything bad about that).

He has done a ton of actual outdoor testing of gear for one primary purpose - to provide viewers with data points (unlike many of these wannabe's on YT who do "reviews" but you NEVER see them outside actually using the products they are reviewing - that is lame). What you do with the data points Nutn' provides is up to you.

I think most people who don't like him haven't watched enough to know why they don't like him. The same paradox applies to Rush Limbaugh - most people who tell you they hate him have NEVER even listed to his show. My bottom line is this: when it comes to any YouTuber - if they provide information from a first-hand demonstration about something I'm interested in learning about, then I'll check out their vids. Then, I decide for MYSELF if the information is useful to ME. That's what YT is supposed to be for anyway. Well, that and stupid cat vids... Hehehe....

Btw, I'm not a fan-boy, but I can tell you one thing for sure... "The Owl is on the Shed."

Last edited:
The best thing about Nutnfancy is his passion for his toys. Most youtube reviewers populate their videos with tons of "uhs", pauses, throat clearing, bad audio and general boredom. Nutnfancy's passion sets him apart from the crowd, and his passion is contagious. He is also a fine extemporaneous speaker. He has strong opinions, and confidently backs them up. That irritates some people.

He is also unusually self-important. I can deal with the blowhard aspect of his persona, but that's another thing that makes people hate him.

So, if you can deal with his overconfident, blowhard nature, then watch him. If not, then maybe look away.

Welcome to the Forum, LFPK!

Btw, check out Nutn's stats (as of today): 426,134 subs, and over 150,672,000 views. He's doing something right.

Nutnfancy does pretty good work in his reviews from what I've seen. His video on big knives vs. axes is very informative, and he raises a good number of points not only on why the knife is superior, but also when it's superior.

One of my favorite YouTube channel's. I've based many of my knife purchases from his reviews. He definitely knows his stuff.

He does practical reviews especially for the user on a budget, I just dont have time to watch a 45 min table top review. I end up skipping through all of his videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back