Official Buck Picture Thread

Unbadged Cabelas Alaskan Guide 119. :)

cL0lnvQ.jpg

L3Ehauy.jpg

That’s just beautiful. I just started last night working my way backwards through the pictures just because I wanted to see some nice knives.

That’s just beautiful. I just started last night working my way backwards through the pictures just because I wanted to see some nice knives.

Thanks!

There are some real gems to be found at the Buck store in Idaho if one can make the trip. :)

I did it my way
This was a stock 55 (Dymondwood). It had a huge color variance mark to pile. Almost like a dang Christmas knife.
I torched the handle which gave a nice even dark (if slightly charred) look. Bonus was some nice extra wood texture.
Thing was, it did swell the "wood" and I had to chamfer it back down at the bolster transitions.
Treated the handle with mineral oil and Ren Wax and a good hand rub down.
Also cut a choil in the blade. Didn't like the transition edge to tang. Like it better now.
It is what it is and I made it mine.

DnZApB4.jpg

I have had this one for a while, I don’t carry it too often but it is a favorite for sure, I have two of these, I got this one for $10 at a rummage sale its pretty loose and beat up. My other one is just about as new. I also have a thinner one that has one of those seatbelt hooks on it. I don't see many of them these days but they certainly are around.
lbB65im.jpg

Edit just rearranging some photos

Last edited:
Back