• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Official Go Mike Wood Thread

mike can you send me some pic of the curly maple,QS hickory, and buggy plus your paypal aadress. thanks marekz

I just finished up some more blocks of cherry and walnut. Updated those. I'm also separating my cherry into two groups. Light cherry, which has more of a yellow look, and dark cherry, which has the pink or red look that some expect to see in cherry. Same price for both, though.

Okay I really need to sell some wood. Buy 3 get 1 free of any variety. Lowest cost block is the free one. And this overrides the current deal of buy 3 exotics, get 1 homegrown free.

As Of June 04, 2009 12:41 ET

MINIMUM BLOCK SIZE: 7/8" thick, 1.5" wide, 5" long.

Exotics are $5 per block:
Obele ----- (35 left)
Bullet Tree -----(59 left)
Cabbage Bark ----- (63 left)
Bitterwood ----- (52 left)
Black Poison ----- (25 left)
Nargusta ----- (23 left)

Jabota - $4 ----- (46 left)

Home Grown Woods (Aka: not exotics) are prices per block:
Birdseye Maple - $3 ----- (18 left)
Curly Maple - $3 ----- (24 left)
Buggy Maple - $2 ----- (12 left)
Walnut - $2 ----- (66 left)
Light Cherry - $3 ----- (22 left)
Dark Cherry - $3 ----- (26 left)
Hickory - $3 ----- (24 left)
Quarter Sawn Hickory - $3 ----- (20 left)
Sycamore - $2 ----- (11 left)
Locust - $1.50 ----- (8 left)
Quarter Sawn White Oak - $2 ----- (14 left)

------------------------------
Current Deals:
Free Shipping with a sale of $15 minimum (US). ($5 US shipping if under $15)!
Free Insurance on the shipment with an order of $35 or more!

Buy 3 blocks, get one for free! (cheapest block of the 4 is free)

For orders of 15 blocks or more, email me to see if you can get bulk discounts!

Email me for pictures of the wood.

Brendan: Email sent.

I've decided that I don't like the black poison blocks that I have. They are very plain, and most are two-toned the wrong direction. I'm selling a box of all 25 of them for $50 including shipping.

Here's a picture of them, and once I sell them I'll try to find better blocks.
blackpoison.jpg

15 of the 25 do, the other 10 would be able to have two color-matching scales cut out of them. These would work for small handles, around an inch at the largest part, or you could cut two blocks into scales and have two sets of color matching scales.

Mike,

Might I suggest you work on distinguishing your personal candor from your marketing outreach? It is alright if you don't really like the wood, but it is alright not to tell us about it too. You would be within completely acceptable ethical realms to say something like....

Great closeout deal on some excellent blood wood, especially for folks who like the two tone look. I need room on my shelves for more wood. Help me to restock with the best woods I can find. Buy the whole lot for less than half price...etc...etc....

Wishing you all the best, Phil

I just don't want to be cheating someone out what they expected, or wanted.

I just don't want to be cheating someone out what they expected, or wanted.

Mike, you are a credit to this forum.......... :thumbup:

I don't think you would /could cheat anyone if you tried........ ;)

Keep up the good work !!!!!

Well the reason I want to get rid of it is because I believe I can find a better board, but I can't really afford to get one of those until this is gone, and most people don't like having the two scales that don't have the same color.

Well the reason I want to get rid of it is because I believe I can find a better board, but I can't really afford to get one of those until this is gone, and most people don't like having the two scales that don't have the same color.

Consider it sold then......... :thumbup: ;)

I gotta get to work right now.... but I'll take these and add some more stuff tonight as well as send $$$$$. :thumbup:

Gotta run now..........

Back