1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Did you order that Boonie from a dude off Lightfighter?

2. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    I'm not familiar with Lightfighter.
    They're made by 'Slangvel' an older vet. the only place I buy them from is from him on ebay.
    He makes them in at least a dozen styles and in genuine camo from several countries.
    I have a few of them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    Mail Woman stopped by today.

3.5 - O.D. linen Micarta scales - CPM-20CV steel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Thanks. Lightfighter is a military/LEO forum. There isa guy on there who makes some sick boonies. They look like that one in your pic. He makes them to whatever spec you provide.

5. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    Sounds like it could be him.
    Ex vet. and I think he's orig. from South Africa but now living in the U.S.

6. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    That made that slice like it was going through hot butter... Imagine if it was a body part or an animal. :eek:

[​IMG]

7. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    More trout fishing today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

9. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Family Photo... Yes, I even have a shirt!

[​IMG]

10. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Has anyone got a well balanced close up of a red linen micarta handle (don't mind the model). I also don't don't mind if you have polished it up a bit. Thanks for the help in advance - I find the handle options too small to see properly.

11. Brian_T

Brian_T Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 7, 1999
    GSO 4.1 carving up some fuzz sticks yesterday:

[​IMG]

12. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    If you look back through pics on the S! Facebook page there is a shot of 4.1 handles showing all their canvas, linen and G10 options. This probably isn't as close up as you want, but I took this from there. The middle in the bottom row.

[​IMG]

EDIT: WTF Armalite, this color never appealed to me, but now I'm thinking it would look great on a GSO 5. Thanks for making me second guess myself =)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  13. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks very much for tracking this down. I know eh!? I am never really a huge fan of colourful handles to that degree, but for some reason that deep red feels luxurious?! I dunno but I suspect thw combination with a black kydex sheath would striking.

14. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Blaze Orange is the only way to go!

15. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
  16. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
  17. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    I think you like blaze orange as much as I like OD Green Canvas! I have two survive knives with that handle type now and if I can jump on the 5.0's when they come available, Ill hopefully have 3.

18. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Thats a nice colour you got going Tin.

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Great minds think alike. Maybe a gray sheath, but my first thought was black.

20. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Riz,

How is the bead/lanyard setup working out for your necker? I tried to add just a paracord wrap and didn't like how it felt, might give your setup a try..