1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official SURVIVE! picture thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014.

1. redwood22

redwood22 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

The family is slowly growing, i also have a GSO 3.5 (Black Linen) 2nd and gso 5.0 (OD green canvas)on the way. My only regret to this point was whiffing on the GSO 4.1 2nd I had in my cart and decided to "think about"....woopse

I'd also like to thank Riz and Leon for helping me decide on using a lanyard bead and dangler attachment (had to purchase each) they were both correct in their recommendation.

Additionally i'd like to thank Survive! for existing. Not because of the obvious reasons(great knives), but because in a world thats too short, its great to see good people still take chances on themselves. They are still an extremely small business, fighting to survive in a very competitive market place. There will be growing pains and lessons learned but they seem to be taking all the right steps to make sure they thrive and grow into a company that should provide quality products to people for a long time. I know there have been some "grumpy" posts on here lately, and thats unfortunate... You don't need to be a fanboy to appreciate good people, and there is no need to beat a dead horse... At any rate stepping off soap box

Hope everyone has a great weekend

2. RUNIT

RUNIT

Mar 26, 2011
    Nice pic redwood, well said.

3. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. RUNIT

RUNIT

Mar 26, 2011
    That must be a well used 3.5, the logo is like almost worn off!

5. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Love this knife GSO 4.1 m390.

20150501_160114.jpg
    20150501_160608.jpg

6. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
  7. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    [​IMG]

8. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Great shots. Anyone got any red linen pics to share?

10. jmoh200

jmoh200

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

11. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    that swedge makes the 5.1 looks awesome. I need to get that done to the one i ordered from the starter.

12. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    That is a 7/7 not a 5.1. It was a limited edition. Guy said they were a pain to make and wont be seen again

13. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Check out that big auction site, a guy is selling a 6 with a "red handle". The pictures are not that good, but maybe he would take more for you?

14. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Heh thanks Silver. Will go check it out!
    Edit: had a look. The red in that photo looks almost brown :eek:.
    Hoping its the lighting. Almost looked more canvas than micarta. The suspense in finding out is killing me.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  15. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
    Those "red" handles, look just like mine and they are natural canvas micarta.

16. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I agree. I was going off the written description of "red", but the actual pictures did not look red. For Armalite's sake I was hoping it was bad lighting or something. Sorry to get your hopes up!

17. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
  18. Armalite Native

Armalite Native

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks Tinbanger! That looks much better! Many thanks.

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I ordered my starters in all black. Now I really want a red linen handle in a gray sheath. Thanks a lot, you two.......... =)

20. Tinbanger

Tinbanger

Jan 27, 2013
    Ha, I ordered burgundy. But I'm thinking of red too.the burgundy is a bit too purple.