OG Fiddlebacks

Wasn't there an earlier thread on 'your first Fiddleback'?

Anyway, I've posted this before, but this is mine - back from the days of layered wood handles and when Andy would take a custom order on a knife this size for around $200!
11483916624_1cd337dbb7_o.jpg

The oldest Fiddleback I own is this one, though - a nessmuk with ironwood handles, that I have as part of a Nessmuk Trio display. This would appear to date back to even before the bullseye lanyard hole.
15074494305_b7c00a5d6e_c.jpg

After all the talk and pics of the Blade Show, I just about decided I'm going in 2015 if not only to see the Fiddleback Forge tables. I've been wanting to of the last two years. The wife is not really into the idea so I may journey alone. Now I only wish it was sooner!

In reference to Hiking Buddies..

And was smitten by them at Andy's booth at Blade in 2011

FBO10.jpg

Loving the bolsters, but being unfamiliar with black palm, not having a lot of experience with the scandi grind, and having a major fondness for box elder...I chose the dyed blue box elder one. The first of four Hiking Buddies, the last one I still have.

Hey Brian, I too remember this day oh so well. I knew I wanted a HB, and it came down to either the Box Elder that you chose and the Black Palm. I walked around for a few minutes to decide. When I returned the Black Palm was calling my name. We must have missed each other by a few minutes because I recall the Box Elder being gone shortly after.
And as they say.... Pics or it didn't happen. I took these right after I got home from Atlanta that year and I still have her.

IMG_1725-vi.jpg

IMG_1731-vi.jpg

IMG_1732-vi.jpg

IMG_1728-vi.jpg

Hey Brian, I too remember this day oh so well. I knew I wanted a HB, and it came down to either the Box Elder that you chose and the Black Palm. I walked around for a few minutes to decide. When I returned the Black Palm was calling my name. We must have missed each other by a few minutes because I recall the Box Elder being gone shortly after.
And as they say.... Pics or it didn't happen. I took these right after I got home from Atlanta that year and I still have her.

IMG_1725-vi.jpg

IMG_1731-vi.jpg

IMG_1732-vi.jpg

IMG_1728-vi.jpg

Wow! That thing is amazingly beautiful.

Would love to find something like that eventually for a buddies (roommate in boarding school and university) upcoming wedding.

Kal-El, that hiking buddy is amazing. It is one of the most unique ones I have seen. Thanks for sharing!

Andy needs to do a vintage run. Maybe once every two months have a batch that was inspired by his old style: Insane spalting, scandi grinds on larger models, etc...

I'm, trying to get caught up on the forum. Joe D, I absolutely love this idea! I don't know how practical it is but I would be all over this. My biggest "seller's remorse" is my original Hunter I let go a few years back. I was a dumb a$$ ..... :mad:

IMG_1725-vi.jpg

IMG_1731-vi.jpg

IMG_1732-vi.jpg

IMG_1728-vi.jpg

Lol, you have no idea how many times I have wished I had gone with the black palm. I am glad it went to a good home. If the Box elder were convexed I would still have it too :)

Runts. Anyone have a ballpark circa of the flat Tan burlap one?

runts_1.jpg

runts_2.jpg

runts_3.jpg

runts_4.jpg

runts_5.jpg

I've seen 4 or 5 knives that look like the same batch of emerald shadetree as your BC. I wonder if some of these also glow.

I have seen those too. I bet they do. I don't care about the glow but for some reason, I really like that color of green burlap. I hope a few of those end up paying me a visit some day!

Back