OG Fiddlebacks

hmmmmmmmmm

Edited to add pics

Seems this thread sparked a conversation with Andy last week

NICE!! Glad I was able to throw some gas on that spark. lol. The 3 finger Joe ... fo sho. ;)

Man, I have hunters tomorrow! Please let me be able to break free! I haven't been able to shark in a while....

OG BC

_DSC3045.JPG

Reviving this thread for obvious reasons.
I had the pleasure of connecting with Jarret (Panthera tigris) recently with an all too familiar outcome for a typical Fiddlehead.... The inability to make sound financial decision. :rolleyes:
In all seriousness though, Jarrett is a stand up guy and he was very accommodating while I made the decision to consider this fine example of an old Fiddleback.
Thank you Jarrett!

So, here is my latest acquisition of one of Andy's classic design profiles. The Bushcrafter.

01 Goodness wearing buttery Osage Scales with Walnut Liners! This is a real beauty!

IMG_2569-vi.jpg

IMG_2575-vi.jpg

Reunited with an old friend, a OG Bushcrafter in CPM S35VN

IMG_2572-vi.jpg

IMG_2574-vi.jpg

Jarrett seems to be the current broker of OG Fiddlebacks. He was very accommodating and patient with me as well.

Without further ado

8c80d306bbddde627356edc157ed49da.jpg

Ditto to what been said already. I'm the recipient of Jarrett's generous nature when he asked me if I'd be interested in this OG KPH
e5113c6d0dcf862ed37a8c887c54091a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those knives all look well taken care of, and the better for it!

I am never getting over the chatoyance of cross-cut osage.

I really do enjoy bringing the earlier generation Fiddlebacks in to admire. It feels a lot like unearthing sacred artifacts, if the internet were a pile of dirt and my spade was far reaching indeed.

I wonder what the white material is on that OG phenolic KPH, varga49. It seems very different by feel than current offerings.

Last edited:
Those knives all look well taken care of, and the better for it!

I am never getting over the chatoyance of cross-cut osage.

I really do enjoy bringing the earlier generation Fiddlebacks in to admire. It feels a lot like unearthing sacred artifacts, if the internet were a pile of dirt and my spade was far reaching indeed.

I wonder what the white material is on that OG phenolic KPH, varga49. It seems very different by feel than current offerings.

It seems too opaque for a linen Micarta. And I don't know how old G10 is in then blade industry..My uneducated guess is bone g10? Maybe Andy will drop by and tell us!

That's a really nice KPH. From the picture I would guess ivory paper micarta. But hard to be sure without a close up of the grain (or lack thereof).

That's a really nice KPH. From the picture I would guess ivory paper micarta. But hard to be sure without a close up of the grain (or lack thereof).

That's likely it then because I see no grain at all! Thanks Kirkwood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas, G10 has a pattern which you would be able to see. Ivory Micarta has none.

01 Goodness wearing buttery Osage Scales with Walnut Liners! This is a real beauty!

Reunited with an old friend, a OG Bushcrafter in CPM S35VN

IMG_2572-vi.jpg

Wowza Sergio! Even though the Osage BC may be the new one in the limelight, that S35VN BC blows me away. You may not have the biggest collection on the forum, but you certainly have the best collection of choice and historical pieces in my eye. Just a whole lot of awesome residing in your house.

Congratulations on another sweet addition.

Phil

Wowza Sergio! Even though the Osage BC may be the new one in the limelight, that S35VN BC blows me away. You may not have the biggest collection on the forum, but you certainly have the best collection of choice and historical pieces in my eye. Just a whole lot of awesome residing in your house.

Congratulations on another sweet addition.

Phil

Hey Phil,
Thank you for the comments. There are certainly more than a handful of choice blades in your collection that are true gems! One, or maybe two particular Bush Hermits come to mind for example. :)
Take care my friend,
Sergio

Back