Oh ****, please help shirogorov dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very hard time believing this story...
Good luck;)

I hadda laugh. That Tyler fella uses these Shiros on a daily basis to salvage old Sherman tanks. He knows what would or can hurt one of these folders... I trust the instincts of this guy...
Tyler, you shoulda been a cop.

I have a very hard time believing this story...

I'd bet my next paycheck that you disassembled the knife and lost a bearing. Now it's up to us to find a cure for your ignorance.

Good luck;)
Believe whatever the fuck you want, I didn't come here saying I'm missing a bearing or two, I'm missing the backspace bottom screw for Christ sake. I know your a shiro fan boy, and I've run through my head a thousand times at this point how I should have loctited the pivot or just checked my pants before the wash but you being an asshole benefits no one.

I find this to be an impossible scenario as well. One or two screws maybe. But a complete disassembly? Something just doesn't seem legit. Either way there are traps built into your washer that prevents such parts from entering your drain clogging things up. The individual bearings may be gone but the retainers backspacer and other parts shouldn't have past through that trap.

Hey folks,

My wife washed my work pants and my shiro neon was still clipped to my pocket. It best itself to death in the washer/dryer. I have both scales, the blade the backdspacer and the pivot screws. The baxkspacer pins and screws, bearing retainers, and the bearings are all gone probably forever. I googled shiro customer support and arrived back at blade forums
Wtf do I do. Please help anyone that can.

Thanks
Caleb

If I were you, I would go to church this morning. :)

What country do you live in?

^ This was my first thought.

Believe whatever the fuck you want, I didn't come here saying I'm missing a bearing or two, I'm missing the backspace bottom screw for Christ sake. I know your a shiro fan boy, and I've run through my head a thousand times at this point how I should have loctited the pivot or just checked my pants before the wash but you being an asshole benefits no one.

^ Acting hysterical and throwing a fit over a knife, is pretty ridiculous. :thumbsdown:

Have a blessed Sunday. :)

I do have one extremely important question: did your wife add a fabric softener, and by any chance does she use, all purpose Tide laundry detergent?

Something sounds off, pivot screw on a Neon needs to be held from the back side while the slotted side is turned. I put a nice scratch on the presentation side of my Neon even with the pen tool and it wasn't easy to break loose. Now if he had his apart before could it have came apart in the washer doubtful but I guess anything is possible. I wonder if it did come apart in the washer then his wife moved the blade, handles and any other parts to the dryer? Now that seems odd to fish knife pieces out of the washer and move them to the dryer like normal laundry. Or are we saying it all came apart inside his pocket and everything was left there but the bearings and screws.

I hadda laugh. That Tyler fella uses these Shiros on a daily basis to salvage old Sherman tanks. He knows what would or can hurt one of these folders... I trust the instincts of this guy...
Tyler, you shoulda been a cop.

I've actually never owned a Shiro, Don:D
marcus52AR marcus52AR uses the heck out of his, and he's another tradesman. I do have many knives with fancy bearings and such, and I can't imagine a Shiro would come apart any differently.

Believe whatever the **** you want, I didn't come here saying I'm missing a bearing or two, I'm missing the backspace bottom screw for Christ sake. I know your a shiro fan boy, and I've run through my head a thousand times at this point how I should have loctited the pivot or just checked my pants before the wash but you being a Chivalrous Gentleman benefits no one.

Really? Because my B.S. detector is giving me a strong reading right now...

The baxkspacer pins and screws, bearing retainers, and the bearings are all gone probably forever.

Guys there is only one way to see if he's telling the truth..
Recreate the situation..anyone with a Shiro needs to leave it in their pocket, have their wife wash the pants ...

annnddd enjoy your nice new shiny Shiro!

There is only one logical explanation of what happened here
l_Lx_Co_WM.jpg

Let's stay on topic and knock off the silliness.

This a friggin terrible thread title man, I thought you were saying one of the brothers had died.

Can we see a pic of the knife? I am surprised you had a problem but it isn't unheard of by any stretch that screws back out.

I've actually never owned a Shiro, Don:D
marcus52AR marcus52AR uses the heck out of his, and he's another tradesman. I do have many knives with fancy bearings and such, and I can't imagine a Shiro would come apart any differently.

Really? Because my B.S. detector is giving me a strong reading right now...

Ironically my shiro is in the hurt box too. A few months ago the detent ball vanished.

I sent it to Russia for repairs a couple weeks back, but it got turned around in the U.K. for not having a company name.

I'm still trying to fight Canada post to reimburse the 130.00 I spent. Or resend it. I had two post workers double check the info before it got rubber stamped.

My shiro reminds me of high maintenance girlfriends. Caused me a lot of grief, but brought me lots of joy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back