Oh s#rew this....

Yikes..generally snakes don't bother me.. last year the kids were running over the little wood bridge to the pool and kept hearing something until one of the kids pointed it out... BIG mamma diamondback rattlesnake!! Now if a big spider got loose in my house..the house would be smoking embers an new house plans would be underway long before we found it in the kids toys..

yeah, but you cannot match this american creature found only in Walmarts!!!!

1280x720-t1R.jpg

I was cleaning up the yard yesterday and picked up an old cardboard box to move to the burn pile. It seemed a little heavy and just about that time, this bastard fell out of the bottom and landed right on my foot.

2cejfa0.jpg

It's a yellow belly water snake. But in the second it landed on my foot it was a cottonrattlercoralmoccasin. I set a new Olympic record in the high jump. And that was with a load in my britches.

Glad you could identify it-I would not have, it would have been DE-ceased!!
I was cleaning up the yard yesterday and picked up an old cardboard box to move to the burn pile. It seemed a little heavy and just about that time, this bastard fell out of the bottom and landed right on my foot.

2cejfa0.jpg

It's a yellow belly water snake. But in the second it landed on my foot it was a cottonrattlercoralmoccasin. I set a new Olympic record in the high jump. And that was with a load in my britches.

Out here there is NO identifying anything...essentially of it looks like anything but a python it will most probably be venomous. Yes there are non-venomous snakes that are not pythons but where I frequent they are quite rare by comparison.

lol...I'd take that any day over the carolina wolf spiders we get here in utah (oddly enough)..

lol...I'd take that any day over the carolina wolf spiders we get here in utah (oddly enough)..

You mean like this lil lady? She was only about 2.5" across. :D

(Spotted while Deer hunting about a week ago.)

They won't really hurt ya. ;) Great spiders to have around, actually. :thumbup: They eat lots of bugs!

Andy, I'm SO glad you guys have all the ridiculously venomous crap over there and I just have rattlesnakes where I live. With their built in warning system, they're probably the most conscientious pit vipers on the planet.

Snakes, and spiders, and jellyfish, oh my....

Nope, nope, nope. I have enough poisonous snakes here in Texas, thank you very much. Hell, my rat snakes are over 5' long.

Larry
Tinkerer

Back