Oh s#rew this....

Kookaburra?
..... yep.... I came out the back door a few years ago and there were 7 sitting in a tree adjcent to my place and my neighbours...they were there for two days laughing away...I thought how cool.... then I did a stocktake on the Koi in my ponds... 12 had turned to 5..... the neighbours did worse... they had over 200 fish in a long decorative pond that wrapped around the front of their house (you crossed a small bridge to get to their front door. The birds finished and they had 3 small frightened fish left !!!

Now as for Aussie birds, there is always the Cassowary if you want to talk about cranky...

Great.... all this talk of bloody snakes and this....

..... that is a shed skin, not sure what from, looks like Brown snake pattern to me...not sure though. That is the retaining wall for my back patio, the skin was not there before dark last night. I suspect it is either under the house/patio or in my garage... :mad:

Great.... all this talk of bloody snakes and this....

..... that is a shed skin, not sure what from, looks like Brown snake pattern to me...not sure though. That is the retaining wall for my back patio, the skin was not there before dark last night. I suspect it is either under the house/patio or in my garage... :mad:

I suggest napalm...lots and loads of napalm....

I wish.... :mad: I have just strategically placed a couple of spades out the back as they are (short of a 12ga) my favourite snake tool. I just hope it has moved on for good...

Yeah, you are going to have to mind where you step bud... as if you don't already. I know they have snake traps, might be a good idea to get one.

Keep a walking stick or broom handle with ya for the next couple days mate in case your are too far from the shovel. You might cop one in the house or away from the ol decapitator. I had a browny in my bathroom last summer and walked out very quietly and shut the door, came back with the shovel and it was gone.. i hate snakes.

Look at that skin... Andy, ya done skeered 'im good, now it might be the snake's turn. :eek:

And just to top it all off we have a bird tat sits up in a tree laughing at you while it happens. :)

Over here that would be politicians observing freedom's death by 1,000 tax cuts...

I'm with Dave, I'll take a snake over a spider any day of the week. Spiders make me make sounds no man should ever make lol. That's the only critter that I can lose sleep over.

..... yep.... I came out the back door a few years ago and there were 7 sitting in a tree adjcent to my place and my neighbours...they were there for two days laughing away...I thought how cool.... then I did a stocktake on the Koi in my ponds... 12 had turned to 5..... the neighbours did worse... they had over 200 fish in a long decorative pond that wrapped around the front of their house (you crossed a small bridge to get to their front door. The birds finished and they had 3 small frightened fish left !!!

Now as for Aussie birds, there is always the Cassowary if you want to talk about cranky...

Mate, you might not have to worry about the Cassos for much longer..... The pigs are eating all of their eggs:grumpy:.

As far as the snakes are concerned. A farmer friend of mine keeps a bunch of cats around for field mice and rats..... You ought to raise a bunch of mongooses ( or is that mongeese ;))...

Mate, you might not have to worry about the Cassos for much longer..... The pigs are eating all of their eggs:grumpy:.

As far as the snakes are concerned. A farmer friend of mine keeps a bunch of cats around for field mice and rats..... You ought to raise a bunch of mongooses ( or is that mongeese ;))...

As if we needed another introduced species to wreak havoc on ecosystem...

I'm with Dave, I'll take a snake over a spider any day of the week. Spiders make me make sounds no man should ever make lol. That's the only critter that I can lose sleep over.

well since you mentioned sleep....

you-remember-spider-revenge-book-bed-kill-demotivational-posters-1343398819.jpg

I get Funnel Webs in the garage and under the house, they don't bother me as they don't bother my pups, a snake on the other hand may well end one of the pups and THAT does bother me. If it were not for them I would hardly give the snake a second thought as I can deal with it easily enough (even if it does involve some high pitched child like screaming).... ;)

Capstick wrote a great account of a snake in the out house. He sorted it out by discharging a 12 gauge down both holes. As I recall.....he was not satisfied with the solution....and in the end he did burn it done.

"Nuke the site for morbid.....it's the only way too be sure."
-Cpl. Duane Hicks, "ALIENS"

Back