Oh, The Weather Outside Is Snarkful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yum, lobster!

mmm, breakfast of champions

butter fried minced garlic with shiraz infused/steamed parnips served over smoked mussels and some magic sauce added for fat content (mayo ;>) topped with miso paste

love me some lobster!!
small update on my mom, I guess all the smoke and prayers has helped cause shes doing better, not 100% but shes back home and wheel chair bound for now.

You do have a good point there. Regardless the sun we do get isn't exactly optimal for the little solar chargers. I would like to know how well the fire changer works.

A buddy of mine has one and has been using it off off his indoor wood stove and said its great. He's got a samsung galaxy 6 something and said it takes about 3 hours in his wall charger from 0-full, on the usb charger of the flame thingy he said it takes under 2 hours. Only problem being (while using it indoors and wanting to just forget about it) is you need to make sure that the top reservoir always has water in it. While outdoors I would think one would monitor it a little closer, or just be a little more inventive if you want to use it indoors hah.

no firsthand experience here yet....

love me some lobster!!
small update on my mom, I guess all the smoke and prayers has helped cause shes doing better, not 100% but shes back home and wheel chair bound for now.

Awesome news brother!!!

In other news, here's a lil something I finished up for awesome-o.

love me some lobster!!

:thumbup: great news!

In other news, here's a lil something I finished up for awesome-o.

Looks killer Nick! He's gonna love it!
Man...that's one cool knife...

Just so everyone here knows, Bill Siegle made that bowie to the specs of what is believed to be the original Jim Bowie knife. Very cool indeed.

Steel is fun:

27.png

8.png

Looks killer Nick! He's gonna love it!
Man...that's one cool knife...

Just so everyone here knows, Bill Siegle made that bowie to the specs of what is believed to be the original Jim Bowie knife. Very cool indeed.

Thanks Jonny! I didn't know that about that knife. It's a sweetheart of a knife. I really want to get it from awesome-o but he won't give it up. Here's about picture of the sheath next to the knife.

Now THAT is cool. :thumbup:

Well thank yhee sir!!

Steel is fun:

27.png

8.png

Noice!! Is that what you're whittled down to?

Last edited:
Yeah, I made him a few offers on that knife myself...:D
Can't say I blame him on not wanting to give it up. Haha
It's one helluva knife!!

any of you guys have a southern grind spider monkey? I've had one sitting in my cart for almost a week now. still debating whether or not to bite the bullet... especially after seeing the copper handled version from going gear

Yeah, I made him a few offers on that knife myself...:D
Can't say I blame him on not wanting to give it up. Haha
It's one helluva knife!!

Yes'ir! Can't blame him one bit. But I gotta tell ya that big ass predator Bowie I got from Bill is one I'll probably keep for a good long while. Gotta make the crocodile Dundee sheath for that one. Make her my EDC. ;) hahaha

Thanks Jerry D. I totally wanted one until you said it's a charging station too. I don't need any of that crap. Maybe I can find something like that without the charging crap.

Yup. Very gimmicky in my book, but I still want to play with one just because. I'm pretty partial to my trusty old vaporware flat-pack stove that I can drop a large kettle on. :D

That is a beautiful ax. Is it a Rinaldi Trento? I have seen them a few times while searching the internet for axes and tomahawks. What do you think of it? I am wanting something small enough to be "portable", but heavy enough to cut cedar trees down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back