"Old Knives"

Beautiful Augie Augie !!
I bet those latches and lock are still workin’ too and looks like a really clean cabinet (oak?) as well:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gus.yes quarter sawn white oak which the majority of Gerstner's are made from, they did make some from walnut, all latches and lock still working and tight, came with key which is often missing. Considering the age it is in nice shape, that is still the original felt, may replace the felt in the future.

Picked up a late 40's early 50's Gerstner machinist box at auction last week, cleaned it up and filled it with some of my vintage knives, trying for some semblance of organization, not sure I will succeed. This one will only have my better vintage knives in it, hopefully can find one faster now when I want to look at it again.

View attachment 1536231 View attachment 1536232 View attachment 1536233
Nice storage box, John!!:thumbsup: Looks like Schrades are on top; I can agree with that!!:D

Mike Robuck Mike Robuck
Hahaha ! I’m using those tin candy boxes until I find something more suitable. I need something like Augie’s or felt up a good ole craftsman or snap’on tool box for now. The older woodwork was amazing though, serious craftsmanship and great parts throughout. Rollers, hinges and handles were awesome!

Sweet delicate stag Empire split spring Congress whittler, 3 1/4", hard to get blades open, firm pulls and the pulls are pretty much a suggestion. All blades marked Empire Knife Co. Wish I could have got it before it was cleaned, still I think it's quite interesting.

IMG_3317.jpeg IMG_3309.jpeg IMG_3315.jpeg

Picked up this E Weck & Son scout last week... I believe Weck dealt mostly Schrade knives but I haven't seen this "picked" bone style very much, let alone on Schrades. Overall just a great looking old scout :)

View attachment 1536529 View attachment 1536530 View attachment 1536531 View attachment 1536535

I'm thinking NYK Co made your Weck, Kevin ;)
9NxkRKR.jpg

YfhHhnk.jpg
Y4RCU6i.jpg

Back