"Old Knives"

Schrade and NYK used a cooperatively owned Jigging business together with Walden! Their bone was similar but not the same!!
I think Kevin's Weck is made by Schrade!!:rolleyes:View attachment 1536702 View attachment 1536703 View attachment 1536704

I agree with Charlie, a Schrade with the earlier styled cap lifter and that Punch. Nice knife Kev!

Schrade it is:thumbsup::thumbsup: Charlie, Duncan, thanks for schooling me and showing that beautiful SCC:eek:

Augie - a wonderful example of splendid craftsmanship with the Drawers, Filled with great treasure !!!

Stunning Early Schrade Charlie!!

Gawgeous NYK Co. rockman0 rockman0 Rob:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That blade etch and spatula shape are sweeet:p:thumbsup:
Another beeeeauty of a knife waynorth waynorth Charlie :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Awesome colours & jiggin’ goin’ down here fellas!

Thanks Gus:thumbsup:

Picked up a late 40's early 50's Gerstner machinist box at auction last week, cleaned it up and filled it with some of my vintage knives, trying for some semblance of organization, not sure I will succeed. This one will only have my better vintage knives in it, hopefully can find one faster now when I want to look at it again.

View attachment 1536231 View attachment 1536232 View attachment 1536233

Does it have a drool shield? I would think that is mandatory!

yrgmUq.jpg

1DlnMQ.jpg

Picked up a late 40's early 50's Gerstner machinist box at auction last week, cleaned it up and filled it with some of my vintage knives, trying for some semblance of organization, not sure I will succeed. This one will only have my better vintage knives in it, hopefully can find one faster now when I want to look at it again.

View attachment 1536231 View attachment 1536232 View attachment 1536233

Love it John, looks great. Old knives and a gerstner chest go together like apple pie and vanilla ice cream.

QUOTE - rockman0 - "I'm thinking NYK Co made your Weck, Kevin ;)
9NxkRKR.jpg

YfhHhnk.jpg
Y4RCU6i.jpg

Close, but no cigar Rob. Well, yes a cigar; a beautiful EE electrician's knife!! And the jigging between older NYKs and Schrades is often confusing!! Nice knife, nice bone, just the same!!

A man can forgive the scuffed blade for the box and paper:eek::eek:
Beautiful Remington, Charlie :thumbsup:

Remington 3blade official Scout -original box and paper; main blade slightly scuffed/used! One of those finger-eater can openers!!:eek::DView attachment 1537050 View attachment 1537051 View attachment 1537052 View attachment 1537053 View attachment 1537054 View attachment 1537055

Thanks Duncan :thumbsup:
Yeah Rob - I must apologise as that Knife of yours is a Stunner my friend. Just Wow factor. :):eek:

Whew ! Charlie - like our good friend Mike said !!!!

Dwight Divine took over Ulster in 1878, and he or his family ran it until 1941, when they sold out to Albert Baer. Their knives were high quality, but they did little, if any, modernizing of their equipment, probably contributing to their demise! They were proud of their knives, for good reason, though, despite the lack of modern machinery!!
This low-budget sportsman/utility knife is not showy, but is an excellent, well-made tool!! Birdseye rivets and a patented punch feature in it!
It also has a robust caplifter/screwdriver and a can opener, as well as a hoof pick!! All blades are marked, considered a touch of class!!Sport Budget 1.jpg Sport Budget 2.jpg Sport Budget 3.jpg Sport Budget 4.jpg Sport Budget 5.jpg
On a more jewel-like note, they made this arched Jack with nicely proportioned Stag, and beautifully ground blades!!Stag Sway 1.jpg Stag Sway 2.jpg Stag Sway 3.jpg

Dwight Divine took over Ulster in 1878, and he or his family ran it until 1941, when they sold out to Albert Baer. Their knives were high quality, but they did little, if any, modernizing of their equipment, probably contributing to their demise! They were proud of their knives, for good reason, though, despite the lack of modern machinery!!
This low-budget sportsman/utility knife is not showy, but is an excellent, well-made tool!! Birdseye rivets and a patented punch feature in it!
It also has a robust caplifter/screwdriver and a can opener, as well as a hoof pick!! All blades are marked, considered a touch of class!!View attachment 1538123 View attachment 1538124 View attachment 1538125 View attachment 1538126 View attachment 1538127
On a more jewel-like note, they made this arched Jack with nicely proportioned Stag, and beautifully ground blades!!View attachment 1538128 View attachment 1538129 View attachment 1538130
Very nice Charlie, the Divine era Ulsters are a favorite of mine. That stag jack of yours sure is a looker.
Here is a GS model I really like
WA5yLmC.jpg

and a nice pen knife with tip bolsters
AJUhwud.jpg

Mq8tfPw.jpg

Last edited:
Back