"Old Knives"

This Old Sheffield came my way the other day- Joins some other great big Oldies. J.Blackwell & Son, Sheffield.
Massively thick Blade and Spring!

qFNXUuD.jpg

Duncan's J Blackwell reminded me that i needed to post this Southern & Richardson pruner20230430_091847.jpg

I haven't added a Case Tested XX to my collection in a long time. 3 1/8" stockman. I haven't gotten around to gettin the crusties off. A drop of oil in the joints and she feels like a new knife.
20230520_090713.jpg

Here's a comparison shot with it's 3 7/8" brother.
20230520_090629.jpg

Duncan's J Blackwell reminded me that i needed to post this Southern & Richardson prunerView attachment 2193325

I haven't added a Case Tested XX to my collection in a long time. 3 1/8" stockman. I haven't gotten around to gettin the crusties off. A drop of oil in the joints and she feels like a new knife.
View attachment 2193375

Here's a comparison shot with it's 3 7/8" brother.
View attachment 2193379
That old pruner has heartbreakingly beautiful Stag fitted to it!!!
It follows the curves wonderfully!! Nice knife, Rob!!!

And there is something about Case Tested knives!!!

Thank you Steve, Rob, Charlie and Tyson A Wright ( I cant remember your name- I'm sorry if I come across rude :) ) :thumbsup:

Aren't they neat!

Oh Wow Rob That Hawkbill is absolutely beautiful my friend- those Case have lived a good life- they look Great!

As per request, here's the top shot- Please forgive me for the very very poor quality Photos - my Cell phone has a broken lens on it's Camera - its very testing taking photo's, I spent an hour or so battling to try and get photos of some HJ arrivals- terrible results, so here is the poor quality photo of the top of the Knife- I will replace these Photos when I take better shots with my Camera.
I have seen Sheath Knives with Thinner stock :eek:

fUs8CYC.jpg

This Knife style is more in the Family of a Rope Knife, most certainly not a worn Pruner of sorts, here's another Older Sheffield- Marples same pattern Knife.

h2CCh4I.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you Steve, Rob, Charlie and Tyson A Wright ( I cant remember your name- I'm sorry if I come across rude :) ) :thumbsup:

Aren't they neat!

Oh Wow Rob That Hawkbill is absolutely beautiful my friend- those Case have lived a good life- they look Great!

As per request, here's the top shot- Please forgive me for the very very poor quality Photos - my Cell phone has a broken lens on it's Camera - its very testing taking photo's, I spent an hour or so battling to try and get photos of some HJ arrivals- terrible results, so here is the poor quality photo of the top of the Knife- I will replace these Photos when I take better shots with my Camera.
I have seen Sheath Knives with Thinner stock :eek:

fUs8CYC.jpg

This Knife style is more in the Family of a Rope Knife, most certainly not a worn Pruner of sorts, here's another Older Sheffield- Marples same pattern Knife.

h2CCh4I.jpg

Have a great day everyone.
Tyson A Wright is my name, so no worries! Love that knife - that is a fat slab of steel they used there!

Just sorting out knives, after the chaos of the Oregon Show, and I came across this Barlow that I haven't CF'd &CE'd for a long time - years!!!
Some earlier Case Tested knives had swoopy "A" clip blades, and this is one of them!!
It's still a pretty full blade - full length in the knife anyways!!!
The sawcut Bone is waned on one side and soupy on the other, typical of the "budget" parts on older Barlows! Some would call this Greenbone (endless controvery ensues!! :D ), but I can't decide!!
A nice old Barlow; snappy, with half stops; just what I like!!:cool:View attachment 2171545View attachment 2171546
Thats a beauty Charlie...colour? Hmmm it would take Sherlock Hemlock to solve that puzzle😉 ...

Garland Cutlery, 1913 to 1940. Lovely Bone on this Knife- in fact the Bone looks somewhat better than these photos because of the harsh lighting.

Blades have been cleaned- not by me- yet they still have Sharpening Marks- so I'm guessing an attempt to make the Knife a little better before sale- I don't like buying cleaned Knives and photo's ( close ups ) were not a thing where I purchased this from, in saying this Im still glad to have this Knife- I really like the Bone and it's Jig work and it's Colouring that beats hand down the Photo Colouring.
What I believe is the original Button chain?
Iron Bolsters, Iron Hammered Pins - I think it's just a neat Knife all round.

Lovely strong Walk and Talk ( I mustn't have taken open Knife photo's- can't find them for the life of me?).

ZppELIq.jpg

MOFMRMV.jpg

omLo3Iz.jpg

Garland Cutlery, 1913 to 1940. Lovely Bone on this Knife- in fact the Bone looks somewhat better than these photos because of the harsh lighting.

Blades have been cleaned- not by me- yet they still have Sharpening Marks- so I'm guessing an attempt to make the Knife a little better before sale- I don't like buying cleaned Knives and photo's ( close ups ) were not a thing where I purchased this from, in saying this Im still glad to have this Knife- I really like the Bone and it's Jig work and it's Colouring that beats hand down the Photo Colouring.

Lovely strong Walk and Talk ( I mustn't have taken open Knife photo's- can't find them for the life of me?).

ZppELIq.jpg

MOFMRMV.jpg

omLo3Iz.jpg

What a beauty !

ZppELIq.jpg

MOFMRMV.jpg

omLo3Iz.jpg
Beautiful Boy's(?) knife Duncan!! Nice "trail" handles!!

Back