"Old Knives"

Thanks for all of the nice comments on the Hilger, fellers. Just got back from my son's football game and I am already behind on this thread again. Man, another great NYK Co. knife Charles.

Here is an Empire Jack I found the other day. Ebony handles. Charlie posted one with this unique "double bump" shield the other day and indicated he had not seen another like it used by any other maker. Both blade tangs are stamped EMPIRE/WINSTED/CT. Folder in good condition with great function (half stops), good snap, and some blade loss mainly on the pen.IMG_1565.jpg IMG_1564.jpg

Here is an Empire Jack I found the other day. Ebony handles. Charlie posted one with this unique "double bump" shield the other day and indicated he had not seen another like it used by any other maker. Both blade tangs are stamped EMPIRE/WINSTED/CT. Folder in good condition with great function (half stops), good snap, and some blade loss mainly on the pen.View attachment 785500 View attachment 785499

Beautiful knife. It's not easy to tell without having it in hand, but in the photos it looks like cocobolo.

Great Jack, Lloyd! If that were the only pocketknife style in the world, I'd still be OK with it!!:)

It still holds true, Lloyd - Empires are the only knives I have seen with the double-bump shield!
If anyone sees one elsewhere, I'd appreciate hearing about it!!:rolleyes:

Oh WOW Charlie those are some just fabulous Barlows! But that Ulster HJ with the shield, the gorgeous jigged bone, the blade etch, the like new condition and the awl/punch is stunning!!

By the way thanks Duncan, lambertiana, Augie and Charlie for your nice comments on my Empire Jack--much appreciated my friends! Also thank you guys who liked this folder too:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Charlie - just amazing- what can I say that hasn’t already been said my friend.
That HJ is simply perfect- not to mention those Barlow’s.

Thought you'd like the HJ, Duncan! Thanks!!

Thanks for the compliments, Lloyd!!

Beautiful bone on the Camillus Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie the barlows are amazing and the bone on the HJ is gorgeous !:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lloyd, Charlie and SteveC - what a bunch of eye-candy :thumbsup: :) ....

Lloyd - what is the closed length of that Empire??... looks to be a nice boys knife to me ;)

Back