"Old Knives"

Here is an Empire Jack I found the other day. Ebony handles. Charlie posted one with this unique "double bump" shield the other day and indicated he had not seen another like it used by any other maker. Both blade tangs are stamped EMPIRE/WINSTED/CT. Folder in good condition with great function (half stops), good snap, and some blade loss mainly on the pen.View attachment 785500 View attachment 785499

Lloyd, another wonderful knife. I first hit the like button with my intent to come back and comment. I always search Empire knives as they are a favorite of mine as my Dads furniture Store and now ours (Nancy's really):p includes the Empire name. I first found one years ago with EMPIRE stamped on the shield. I posted it here sometime back. It's just a SOLID knife with ebony covers as well. The main is down length wise but just a great knife that needs to be carried. Something I will do now that your post inspired me:thumbsup:

Wow Charlie, I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. Great looking Empire Lloyd, and I really like the cattle knife Steve. All great additions to this thread. (Trying to keep up.)

Lloyd, Charlie and SteveC - what a bunch of eye-candy :thumbsup: :) ....

Lloyd - what is the closed length of that Empire??... looks to be a nice boys knife to me ;)

Longblade the Empire Jack is 3 & 3/8 inches closed. I guess that would qualify as a Boy's Knife according to BRL definition and your article in Knife Magazine. I have photographed it with a GEC TC to give a sense of size. The TC is actually slightly longer in length. Thanks Longblade for your well trained eye--much appreciated!!
IMG_1571.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice Empire, Luger, and also a nice Camillus, SteveC.
Waynorth, I'm starting to think you are having those outstanding knives replicated in some magical laboratory??? :)

Real nice Congress, herder!!

No magic!! Just a 3-D printer!!!:eek:

:rolleyes::)

Not!!
:D

I felt compelled by Herder's magnificent Congress...wow!!

The family Ulster
15115237546_ea8870cd96_b.jpg

Herder- Amazing Ulster Congress my friend- Wow!!!!

Gev- now theres an arrangement of awesome Cutlery my friend- Whats the Big Ebony Jack Centre Left? ( actually both Ebony's)

Great Ulsters, Gev!! Good assortment!

Real nice Taylor's Harry! Some older Sheffield knives have great jigged bone - like yours!!

Harry
LOVE Taylor eye witness Knives- especially those older ones my friend.
Awesome Knife! that one is considerably old!!!!
Thank you very much my friends . I have watched this knife for over 6 months and finally made the dealer a deal . I just wish that the Tang Stamp did not have the word ENGLAND included . That makes it newer than 1891 . That leaves my TEW Sheepfoot as the Oldest one . This sucker really takes a very fine edge though . Now I have to pick another GRAIL KNIFE . I really think TEW could have done a better job with the Worm Tracks . The Jigging is still very defined but I have seen what I think is nicer jigging . That said , I still am verrrrrry happy with this knife .

Edited : Thank you too waynorth waynorth

Harry

I like the unpredictable "worm" grooves, Harry. Definitely not ordinary!!!
As I see the images anyway. . . . . . . . .

Harry I agree with Charlie. I like this kind of worm grooving with the unpredictable, random and somewhat irregular jigging pattern! Looks almost like it was produced by nature not man. Some worm groove jigging is in my mind not so random and looks like an old repetitious wall paper pattern:eek:

Gev- now theres an arrangement of awesome Cutlery my friend- Whats the Big Ebony Jack Centre Left? ( actually both Ebony's)
I'll see if I can find a singular pic of the big jack for you my friend. the "other" ebony is from YOU by way of Charlie. Long time ago my friend :D I think from when Dwight Divine owned the company.

Taylor's Eye Witness : Tang stamp is " Taylor in an arch over Sheffield over England "

Harry

Smashing bone ..smashing stamp (s);) ...smashing smashing smashing !!! A real GEM indeed :eek:

Harry, thats a very fine knife, I agree with liking the randomness of those wonderful covers. A great addition to your impressive collection:thumbsup::cool:

Back