"Old Knives"

Great Ulsters, Gev!! Good assortment!

Real nice Taylor's Harry! Some older Sheffield knives have great jigged bone - like yours!!

Thank you for the compliment Charlie ! I have a few more since that pic was taken

One from our friend Marko Marko...Polo :D

19474137526_8605961717_b.jpg

And of course ....Old Cutaway

29715433711_88c2d03657_b.jpg

Gevo I always love your photos, great contrast. Vintage knives are like fine art in my opinion. Is that just a natural patina on all your knives?

Gevo I always love your photos, great contrast. Vintage knives are like fine art in my opinion. Is that just a natural patina on all your knives?
Much appreciated kind words ! Natural as far as one could know with any certainty. I have forced maybe one or two for funsies...not my SOP. I am a purist for the most part and getting more so everyday :) Abate the rust and enjoy the Wabi-Sabi

(full disclosure...I have Primblized some in the past and it depends on the knife and my intention for it )

Last edited:
Why is it a grizzled old knife collector can appreciate "Old Cutaway" just the way it is:eek:, and not feel any compunction to "fix" it??? Beautiful Gev, as is the Marko Marko Polo!!:thumbsup:
:D

I agree with North Shore Gev my friend- your old Knife Photos always a pleasure to view!
Thank you Duncan ! It's always my pleasure when it involves you, my friend :D

Why is it a grizzled old knife collector can appreciate "Old Cutaway" just the way it is:eek:, and not feel any compunction to "fix" it??? Beautiful Gev, as is the Marko Marko Polo!!:thumbsup:
:D

Who you callin grizzled :eek::D;):) I have a few knives and that one is just plain special...it has that special somethings ...as the French say :) Thank you fine Sir :D

Mighty fine Cattle, herder! Lookin' just the way the cutler wanted it to look!

Back