"Old Knives"

That kutmaster is one of the nicer ones I have seen, Stuart!

That kutmaster is one of the nicer ones I have seen, Stuart!
Thanks. I've been lucky in the ones that I have. Here's a slightly smaller Kutmaster medium stockman that I carried back in January that I need to pull out again.

KYBHBxX.jpg

qX8KLJJ.jpg

ml6j9Bh.jpg

See, no T stamp.

- Stuart

Stuart I gave not seen a T stamp on any of my Kutmasters that I own- I must go back in though and have a good look- but I am sure that I haven’t seen this before.
Nice examples my friend.

I used to post here on a somewhat regular bases and of late had focused on recent releases. I just purchased this XX Case jack with beautiful jigged red bone. I love the pile side:cool: I have this exact same tang stamped knife from Case but find it hard to pass them up when I see them:eek:
I've had the Case made green bone Clauss for a couple of years. Rumor has it that if you removed the Clauss shield it would be printed Case on the back side??? These two are spot on construction/design wise sans the Clauss easy open notch. Both have aged beautifully and are a joy to carry and use:thumbsup: hear that Duncan? CARRY and USE:p;):)

Both knives have rock solid blades with no play/wiggle period, they sit centered in the well, both sport beautiful, pocket worn covers:thumbsup:
KRTMWD.jpg

nXwdx6.jpg

9CU799.jpg

8PG2z6.jpg

drgToL.jpg

2sUN47.jpg

Two beautiful Knives Paul. The Bone on each Knife is Spectacular to say the least - man back in the day when Case had it right- they had it right - Whew!

I do carry Vintages at times And believe it or not I do use ‘em - it’s just that because I have a real mans job - you have to be Careful with such treasures- in saying this I can understand why you get to carry these lovely Vintages :D :confused::p

Paul that Case looks better than it did on the auction site. :thumbsup: I’m glad it went to a good home my friend! :D The Clauss is a niceun too! It’s hard to beat a good Jack Knife. :cool:

Two beautiful Knives Paul. The Bone on each Knife is Spectacular to say the least - man back in the day when Case had it right- they had it right - Whew!

I do carry Vintages at times And believe it or not I do use ‘em - it’s just that because I have a real mans job - you have to be Careful with such treasures- in saying this I can understand why you get to carry these lovely Vintages :D :confused::p
LOL, now that's funny right there my friend:thumbsup::D I do know you actually use your vintage knives my friend. Sue tells me how she allows it every now and again, now if I could only convince Nanc to do the same for me:eek::p
Beautiful pair Paul!! What is the length??
Thank you Charlie, they are 3 3/8. Hope you are having a blast at the show. That walking the dog thang ain't easy:D wish I was there, when I enlarged the picture of the knives your selling I spied about a dozen I'd have come home with:eek:
Paul that Case looks better than it did on the auction site. :thumbsup: I’m glad it went to a good home my friend! :D The Clauss is a niceun too! It’s hard to beat a good Jack Knife. :cool:
Thanks Ron and you are spot on, hard to beat a good Jack Knife:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hi to Pam my friend:)

I used to post here on a somewhat regular bases and of late had focused on recent releases. I just purchased this XX Case jack with beautiful jigged red bone. I love the pile side:cool: I have this exact same tang stamped knife from Case but find it hard to pass them up when I see them:eek:
I've had the Case made green bone Clauss for a couple of years. Rumor has it that if you removed the Clauss shield it would be printed Case on the back side??? These two are spot on construction/design wise sans the Clauss easy open notch. Both have aged beautifully and are a joy to carry and use:thumbsup: hear that Duncan? CARRY and USE:p;):)

Both knives have rock solid blades with no play/wiggle period, they sit centered in the well, both sport beautiful, pocket worn covers:thumbsup:
KRTMWD.jpg

nXwdx6.jpg

9CU799.jpg

8PG2z6.jpg

drgToL.jpg

2sUN47.jpg
I'd say you haven't lost your touch in picking out a dandy "old knife" Paul :D:thumbsup:

- Kevin

I posted this one in the Wooden Wednesday thread but thought those that hang out here would like this one too... it's an Ulster Knife Co "mini-pruner". Like I mentioned in the other post, not sure what the wood is for the handles but the reddish/purple tint in it is really snazzy. The last pic I have it paired with the Schrade Walden Linemen's skinning/scraping knife for size comparison. It's about 3-3/4" closed length.

UMP-1A.JPG UMP-1B.JPG UMP-1C.JPG

- Kevin

I'd say you haven't lost your touch in picking out a dandy "old knife" Paul :D:thumbsup:

- Kevin
Thanks Kevin, you've been bringin the wood (football phrase, not baseball);) of late. I enjoy seeing your vintage knives, I love the pruners. I've posted quite a few in this thread (many pages back) as well as the "Prune big or go home" thread:thumbsup:

In time, I will post a unbelievable collection of vintage Pruners that Mister Duncan Morgan gifted me just after last years rendezvous:thumbsup: and I mean a COLLECTION:cool:

Beautiful Case's Paul, that red's just amazing to look at!

Kevin that's a great pruner, never seen the double rat-tail small version before. Here are a couple of Ulsters that I have, the large one has similar bolsters to yours:

Ulster Hawkbills_441.JPG Ulster Hawkbills_442.JPG

Eric

Last edited:
Beautiful Case's Paul, that red's just amazing to look at!

Kevin that's a great pruner, never seen the double rat-tail small version before. Here are a couple of Ulsters that I have, the large one has similar bolsters to yours:

View attachment 885993 View attachment 885994

Eric
Great knives Eric! The smaller Divine one looks identical except for the bolster and brass pins... not to mention yours is in AWESOME shape ;) Mine is all steel so that makes me think it must be an early to mid 1940's model after Albert Baer took over Ulster.

- Kevin

Some sweet hawkbills Kevin and Eric :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...

Kevin - I am not positive but think those reddish handles are rosewood :)... I have a couple and that dark deep red is appealing for sure!

Eric - Those hawkbills have some nice full blades - got to love it when you find a hard working hawkbill pattern with nice full blades ;) :thumbsup: ...

KRTMWD.jpg

nXwdx6.jpg

9CU799.jpg

8PG2z6.jpg

drgToL.jpg

2sUN47.jpg

2 great looking jacks Paul, I can't turn down a nice Case red bone either, some of the prettiest handle material ever made.

Some sweet hawkbills Kevin and Eric :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...

Eric - Those hawkbills have some nice full blades - got to love it when you find a hard working hawkbill pattern with nice full blades ;) :thumbsup: ...
I agree with Lee, it's why I am monogamous with the one I carry.
Although I am no longer the hard work'n man Paul like our friend.:)
Nice knives,and yes the Clauss is the spit'n image of the Case.

Normally I don't buy broken knives but I thought this old 3 blade Maher&Grosh has such great looks that I could not resist. Teardrop with spey, spear and hawkbill blades, the spring is broken on the spey. Would love to find one of these is very good condition but this one will do for now.

IMG_8551.jpg IMG_8550.jpg IMG_8549.jpg IMG_8552.jpg IMG_8556.jpg

Back