"Old Knives"

And from the category of "weird old knives"... here's another German made one, A.G. & J Product with a logo that looks like a flying 10 Commandments stone tablet. This one is useful for scoring glass, slicing / puncturing and opening soup cans :D

View attachment 922053 View attachment 922054 View attachment 922055 View attachment 922056
Weird and wonderful! Is that a little glass cutting wheel? Maybe that's the secret to using the old style can openers- score the top of the can first! :cool:

Got this 1924-1933 Remington gentlemen's knife off the exchange recently. This knife covers a lot of firsts for me. It's the first MOP knife I have owned. It's the first split backspring design. The first sunken joint and first Norfolk pattern. And the first knife I have had with a file as part of the blade selection. I was extremely pleased when I got to actually see the MOP in person. The sellers pictures did not do it justice. I learned that MOP is very hard to photograph. There is a lot of depth that I just could not capture with my phone.IMG_4017.PNG IMG_4018.PNG IMG_4019.PNG IMG_4021.PNG IMG_4020.PNG

Got this 1924-1933 Remington gentlemen's knife off the exchange recently. This knife covers a lot of firsts for me. It's the first MOP knife I have owned. It's the first split backspring design. The first sunken joint and first Norfolk pattern. And the first knife I have had with a file as part of the blade selection. I was extremely pleased when I got to actually see the MOP in person. The sellers pictures did not do it justice. I learned that MOP is very hard to photograph. There is a lot of depth that I just could not capture with my phone.View attachment 922317 View attachment 922318 View attachment 922319 View attachment 922322 View attachment 922320
Congratulations, that's a gem. It is hard to photograph MOP, but I can see that yours has all the pinks and greens. Lovely! :):thumbsup:

Congratulations, that's a gem. It is hard to photograph MOP, but I can see that yours has all the pinks and greens. Lovely! :):thumbsup:

Thank you so much r8shell, I said earlier that I am extremely pleased but that's putting it mildly. I bought it with the intentions of using it as it was intended for special occasions. I am always amazed at the craftsmanship of the older knives. Especially when you're looking at the upper crust of the offerings at that time. The fit and finish on this one is outstanding. And the pull is right where I think it should be for a knife of this type. By no means strong but not under sprung either. The seller was right on when he said it was an excellent knife.

Got this 1924-1933 Remington gentlemen's knife off the exchange recently. This knife covers a lot of firsts for me. It's the first MOP knife I have owned. It's the first split backspring design. The first sunken joint and first Norfolk pattern. And the first knife I have had with a file as part of the blade selection. I was extremely pleased when I got to actually see the MOP in person. The sellers pictures did not do it justice. I learned that MOP is very hard to photograph. There is a lot of depth that I just could not capture with my phone.View attachment 922317 View attachment 922318 View attachment 922319 View attachment 922322 View attachment 922320
That's a lot of firsts LB! :) I'd say that knife fits the bill on all of them, WOW :cool::thumbsup: Can you take a top down and bottom up pic / view too? I'm a fan of how those splitbacks go together. :) MOP is incredibly tough to get "true" pictures that do the knife justice... I have failed on most of mine so far LoL. I've found natural light from grayish days seem to show the colors good but doesn't catch the overall beauty of the knives. Yours came out very nice :D

That's a lot of firsts LB! :) I'd say that knife fits the bill on all of them, WOW :cool::thumbsup: Can you take a top down and bottom up pic / view too? I'm a fan of how those splitbacks go together. :) MOP is incredibly tough to get "true" pictures that do the knife justice... I have failed on most of mine so far LoL. I've found natural light from grayish days seem to show the colors good but doesn't catch the overall beauty of the knives. Yours came out very nice :D

I am happy to oblige Kevin. They were able to bring that middle liner to quite the point!!!!IMG_4036.PNG IMG_4035.JPG

Great OLD knives everyone!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is a fantastic old Catt my son found over the weekend.
3 1/4" -2 bld jack with Indian trail bone and hammered pins. Almost full blades, good snap and good action all the way around!
As good as it gets, IMO!:)
73Yp6Nf.jpg

kZqPrxh.jpg

Great OLD knives everyone!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is a fantastic old Catt my son found over the weekend.
3 1/4" -2 bld jack with Indian trail bone and hammered pins. Almost full blades, good snap and good action all the way around!
As good as it gets, IMO!:)
73Yp6Nf.jpg

kZqPrxh.jpg

That is a gorgeous Catt. I love the color of the bone and the jigging is awesome. Your son did VERY good!!! Happy Father's Day. :)

Back