"Old Knives"

Thanks Folks! I really do like that Knife, I can tell you who has a knife that I have never stopped thinking about, and that is our very own Paul Hilborn, when we were dealing with a Hang-of-a-nice-guy outside @ the '16 Rendezvous, Paul purchased a wade and Butcher in this exact Pattern- now there was a Transitional period of Wade and Butcher and the US, I have NEVER seen a Wade and Butcher produce a swell end in such an American manufactured/ Styled Pattern - well just everything screams at you American.

I think of this knife an awful lot and intrigued by it immensely - I hope Paul when you get some time you can show us - the Stampings are Wade and Butcher on the Blades- but never have I seen Wade and Butcher Blades like this - obviously goes with the pattern that I have never seen by them.

There is nothing "fake" about the knife- no one has added stamps to the Knife- it's all genuine- just a very very interesting knife!

I have to agree with all the gentleman above my friend- that's an outstanding Knife, looking at that Link and revisiting Charlies amazing survivor!
Just wow factor for both of those Honk Falls!

Not the sort of Knife to follow up after Lloyd's magnificent Honk Falls.

I picked up locally here a Joseph Rodgers Docking Knife, I must apologise for the very shiny Nickel Silver Bolsters- as the Handles and Bolsters had some sort of hard caked on Glue plastered all over them and I did have to clean the Knife as it was pretty unrecognisable.

By cleaning I merely scraped the glue off after trying to soften it down with solvents- even petrol - nothing touched it - but found if I got underneath at a certain angle it came off in small chips with minimal damage underneath, The Handles have been knocked around during it's life - but did have to hand polish it up the Handles and Bolsters afterwards - with what I did to the Handles and Bolster ( Blade was untouched ) by Hand polishing after the scraping I am happy that this knife hasn't been "messed" with to the degree that I wouldn't call it an Honest Knife- which it is.
Not the World's Bets Knife by any means, but I still cannot to this day walk past a heavily marked Joseph Rodgers- and I think I would rate this as a fair knife.
I have seen these out there and they all have the same Composite handles, Nickle Silver Bolsters and Pins - doesnt seem to be much variation form this with these.

DDPJ474.jpg

J9SQgTK.jpg

GYU69uG.jpg

OwZn6YI.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping it Sheffield, I found this wee I*XL, a cool little knife that has done very little in the way of cutting in its lifetime.
Nice Horn Handles- fairly unmatched as they did most of the time, Match side a lot of the time being the more presentable and the Pile often being the more plain- as this is the case with this Knife!
Love the Rats Tailed Bolsters! Nicely marked Blade and stamped Tangs on both sides!

yCZqOq4.jpg

fuJVTUV.jpg

6CbzFHx.jpg

JgzM8Fs.jpg

LSjQvRe.jpg

Not the sort of Knife to follow up after Lloyd's magnificent Honk Falls.

I picked up locally here a Joseph Rodgers Docking Knife, I must apologise for the very shiny Nickel Silver Bolsters- as the Handles and Bolsters had some sort of hard caked on Glue plastered all over them and I did have to clean the Knife as it was pretty unrecognisable.

By cleaning I merely scraped the glue off after trying to soften it down with solvents- even petrol - nothing touched it - but found if I got underneath at a certain angle it came off in small chips with minimal damage underneath, The Handles have been knocked around during it's life - but did have to hand polish it up the Handles and Bolsters afterwards - with what I did to the Handles and Bolster ( Blade was untouched ) by Hand polishing after the scraping I am happy that this knife hasn't been "messed" with to the degree that I wouldn't call it an Honest Knife- which it is.
Not the World's Bets Knife by any means, but I still cannot to this day walk past a heavily marked Joseph Rodgers- and I think I would rate this as a fair knife.
I have seen these out there and they all have the same Composite handles, Nickle Silver Bolsters and Pins - doesnt seem to be much variation form this with these.

DDPJ474.jpg

J9SQgTK.jpg

GYU69uG.jpg

OwZn6YI.jpg
WELL NOW, just look at that!!! Duncan, I love that Docking knife, the deep etch on the blade, the dark (composite or ebony) covers? I applaud the honest care given to bring it back to it's current condition:cool::thumbsup:

Wonderful knives, Duncan, much better than "fair" on the JR!:)
Great on both of them!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice, rare KK Dan!! First of that pattern I have seen!!
Desirable condition also!!:cool:

Thanks for the comments Gents!:D

Thank you Gev, how are you my friend?

Paul my friend, those Handles are a form of Composite - not a flash knife obviously- it's like.. ' er throw this in yer pocket and use it lad"

Dan matey, just a peek over 3 inches closed! :thumbsup:

That Keen Kutter is simply gorgeous, love that Pic Bone, like Charlie said- when do you see that pattern?

Back