"Old Knives"

What a Stellar Gathering, Lloyd!!:thumbsup: A Golden Age for Robeson, when they were doing their best work!!;)

Lloyd my friend, STUNNING collection of fine Knives those Robesons! Whew!!! What a line up!!

Speaking of stunning- Charlie - what beauties as well, Love those Slanted Bolstered examples my friend.

Charlie- 1st Photo, the 5th Knife down - the gorgeous Peachseed - ( the knife between the Yellow and the awesome Slanted Bolstered Peachseed ) Is that the very top of a Craftsman Etch for Sears?
We were very lucky to see Lloyds latest acquisition - those lovely Arched Stamped Schrades with a nice variance of Schrades Greatest Bone - well Charlie has displayed some gorgeous examples as well!!:eek: Great Eye candy!

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie & Duncan for the kind comments on the PE folders!!

Charlie what a veritable tasty banquet of stockmen:eek::):thumbsup::thumbsup:! They are all such outstanding specimens! They are a testament to your collecting prowess and dedication to the hobby—well done my friend:thumbsup::thumbsup::)!

That slant bolster is my favorite!

What are the other two? Shadow Stockmen?

Last edited:
Yea they are pretty cool aren't they Dan! Wow!

Thanks Charlie- That's a real nice Sears my friend!

Thank you gents for sharing these fantastic Knives! :) :thumbsup:

Amazing knives everyone! Charlie the Schrades look incredible!

Lloyd did those mind boggling arched stamped Schrades come from New Jersey by any chance?

Here's a real oldy, the earliest hobo I've seen. The mark is from John Tricket of Dungworth in the neighborhood of Sheffield I believe. He and his touch mark are listed in the Sheffield directory of 1787, but cutlery guild rules didn't allow names to be stamped into knives until around 1814 (although some did anyway), so I would date this knife to roughly that time period. The horn handles have seen better days, but considering most items from that time have turned to dust by now I'd say it's in pretty decent shape! :D

Hobo Knife - Tricket.jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 2 .jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 3.jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 4.jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 5.jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 6.jpg Hobo Knife - Tricket 7.jpg

Eric

Amazing knives everyone! Charlie the Schrades look incredible!

Lloyd did those mind boggling arched stamped Schrades come from New Jersey by any chance?

Here's a real oldy, the earliest hobo I've seen. The mark is from John Tricket of Dungworth in the neighborhood of Sheffield I believe. He and his touch mark are listed in the Sheffield directory of 1787, but cutlery guild rules didn't allow names to be stamped into knives until around 1814 (although some did anyway), so I would date this knife to roughly that time period. The horn handles have seen better days, but considering most items from that time have turned to dust by now I'd say it's in pretty decent shape! :D

View attachment 1370985 View attachment 1370987 View attachment 1370988 View attachment 1370989 View attachment 1370990 View attachment 1370991 View attachment 1370992

Eric

Great find Eric, has to be the earliest Hobo knife I've ever seen, possibly made for British military use?

I've never seen that Tang Stamp, but the knife looks right!!
Weird and cool, John!!o_O:cool::D

Amazing OLD hobo, Eric!:thumbsup: As you mentioned, very good condition for it's age!
Nice Keen Kutter, Augie!:thumbsup: I agree with Charlie, it is right, not a repro. Sellens says that the stamp with only two Ks was occasionally used after 1939. I strongly suspect that it wasn't used until after Shapleigh bought out Simmons in 1940.

Back