"Old Knives"

Amazing knives everyone! Charlie the Schrades look incredible!

Lloyd did those mind boggling arched stamped Schrades come from New Jersey by any chance?

Here's a real oldy, the earliest hobo I've seen. The mark is from John Tricket of Dungworth in the neighborhood of Sheffield I believe. He and his touch mark are listed in the Sheffield directory of 1787, but cutlery guild rules didn't allow names to be stamped into knives until around 1814 (although some did anyway), so I would date this knife to roughly that time period. The horn handles have seen better days, but considering most items from that time have turned to dust by now I'd say it's in pretty decent shape! :D

View attachment 1370985 View attachment 1370987 View attachment 1370988 View attachment 1370989 View attachment 1370990 View attachment 1370991 View attachment 1370992

Eric
Way cool Hobo, Eric!! I love that Black patina!!

Eric- now THAT Knife is what Knife collecting is about, something like that deserves to be on the Top Shelf in any Knife collection! I myself would call that Knife in amazing condition!
Augie matey- Love the Spey KK, When I looked at the Knife I thought the Knife looked good - even down to correct font of the Etching - but I am not 100% into Keen Kutters like our good friend Dan- simply because I cant get to them all as they are stunning Knives, Nice catch!

Just got this Remington Dogleg Cattle knife

uyMiZx5.jpg

jw5i69o.jpg

Nice dogleg Steve:thumbsup: love that bone:thumbsup:

Charlie yours has the same shield as my R3073. The more I pay attention to Remingtons the more I see with a punch without the acorn shield. Not common but there's more of them out there than I my first impression. Beautiful example Charlie :thumbsup:

Thanks, Rob! It's true they don't all have the acorn shield with the punch.
I prefer the dark handles on yours Steve!! Thanks for the compliment!!

Man, after all the beauties you all have posted almost afraid to post these 2. A decent Valley Forge ebony jack and a very well worn Schrade Cut Co harness jack with the Holyoke Belt Co stamp. Somebody loved that Holyoke a long time but even as worn as it is it still has good snap and no play.

IMG_2104.jpeg IMG_2106.jpeg

Wonderful old Jacks, John!!:thumbsup:
I wonder how many knives Holyoke sold or gave away to go with their industrial belting!!??:eek::D

Wonderful old Jacks, John!!:thumbsup:
I wonder how many knives Holyoke sold or gave away to go with their industrial belting!!??:eek::D

Yea I know Charlie, they are not uncommon, they must have got a couple thousand from Schrade. I do love that heavy blade stamp which is uncommon.

OH! I come before the great Porchenburg sages seeking wisdom! I have found an artifact unheard of by myself, bestow upon me thy knowledge of VOOS.
:D
cTyC0bz.jpg

enixt70.jpg

qttpTK8.jpg

As thanks for such knowledge I share for your viewing pleasure this humble Winchester
JJ1ks1t.jpg

tHBWaC0.jpg

Theatrics aside I found these today at an indoor flea market, I've not heard of VOOS before, but it was obvious this was a really nice vintage knife. Both needed a good flush and oil but are working better now. Really like the bone on the VOOS:thumbsup:

OH! I come before the great Porchenburg sages seeking wisdom! I have found an artifact unheard of by myself, bestow upon me thy knowledge of VOOS.
:D
cTyC0bz.jpg

enixt70.jpg

qttpTK8.jpg

As thanks for such knowledge I share for your viewing pleasure this humble Winchester
JJ1ks1t.jpg

tHBWaC0.jpg

Theatrics aside I found these today at an indoor flea market, I've not heard of VOOS before, but it was obvious this was a really nice vintage knife. Both needed a good flush and oil but are working better now. Really like the bone on the VOOS:thumbsup:
Nice finds, David. Looks like the pen blades were roughly used on each one. Very attractive bone on the VOOS (or whatever that is--I'm a little older than you, but I ain't no sage! :p ).

Prester John Prester John
Thanks Vince, it certainly seems the pen blades were sacrificial lambs so to speak. But to be honest I do the same somewhat, if I know I'm going to cut something that has potential to dull the blade I'll use the pen. But I don't pry or try to cut wires or anything like that though.

Back