One knife. That's it!

Besides a grail like CRK or Strider, what would you choose? For example, if your (parents, wife) told you you could buy only one knife and that's it, what would it be and why? I'm looking for a new knife :thumbup:

camillus jet pilot survival knife.

My dad has one, and it's always been my favorite knife in his collection.

but that probably doesn't answer your question....

I'll play along - 1 knife, for God-knows-how-long, for God-knows-where, God-knows-what-for; must do it ALL: I'll take an Emerson CQC-10. An all-purpose compromise knife that will do anything I need a knife to do, be maintainable anywhere with anything, and simple enough to last.

New wife, the current model sounds too controlling.

Now if I were allowed to buy 1 knife and that's it I mind as well get my custom Canoe knife. My reason is because the Canoe is currently my favorite knife so far and unfortunately the one I have that's almost perfect in terms of fitting my hand is a Rough Rider in 440a, so I figure a custom with a better steel I can get some more use out of along with fixing some of the small problems I see with the pattern. Good thing it said nothing about getting rid of my current collection of knives or this be a lot harder ;).

But if it had to be a production model, it be a Case CV Canoe. Closest thing to that Rough Rider and carbon steel is a perk for me over the stainless option they have.

Listed by brand, and then price low > high

Spyderco Military, Paramilitary, Gayle Bradley, Southard
Zero Tolerance 0700, 0200, 0550, 0551, 0561
Benchmade Adamas, 581 Barrage
Hogue EX-01, EX-03, EX-02, EX-04

All of those are backed by great warranties, have great fit and finish, are sturdy as all heck, have good steel with good heat treatments, can be used for everything from cleaning nails to hard use to self defense, and can be had for under $200 with most of them running in the $130-150 range.

I'd tell em $&@()/- :). Small sebenza graphic dual thumbstuds polished blade

(I assume the OP means I can only buy one knife in addition to the knives I already own.)
Benchmade 940-1. One of the best designs ever produced by that company, except in place of aluminum and S30V it is carbon fiber and S90V.

I would buy a regular spyderco delica ffg. Sorted. Probably one of the best edc's ever. I'm selling a sage 2 right now and am going to pick another up and maybe a ukpk. You can spend a ton on a knife but if you don't fall in love with how it edc's then its nothing but a collector piece...

A Spyderco Native 5.
And not just because of my current love affair with it.
Light and thin, yet strong with good steel and handle materials.
It can handle a lot of hard use but will fit in everywhere.

If i could only choose one? Just one?!? Hmmmmm if money is no concern then i would buy anything by frank fisher (preferably the battle 3 3/4 inch custom) and if it had to be budget friendly (one tear) then it would be a Ontario rat 1. I have 3 and all of them are fantastic for the money.

If it had to be a folder: ZT 301 Can handle anything I could throw at it!

If it had to be a fixed blade: ESEE 3 for the same reason!

If I could only keep one knife, it would be this one:

IMG_20140301_134104.jpg

AD-10.

The answer is almost always an AD-10.

Except when it isn't...

If I had to have only one folder to be my favorite all-rounder, it'd be my PM2 or ZT 0561. Advantage to the PM2 for weight, cost, and the delicate tip, but I like the 0561 better on virtually every other aspect that they don't tie for. The ZT is tougher, less (zero) blade play, more fun to flip/play with, better ergos, and more attractive-looking overall.

Benchmade 710DLC-1 (coated M390 version)...

Benchmade 581 (and I'd de-assist) it from things easy to find and in production.

Back