Ontario Knife Company Sold?

It easy to do a search to find the information you need:

Ontario Knife Company Sold

Apparently, Ontario is being sold to a whole distributor in Virginia named Blue Ridge Knives

If everyone at Ontario loses their jobs, it seems likely that Blue Ridge plans to outsource production of Ontario's products (including the RAT) overseas which would be a sh*t move but entirely predictable, if their primary objective is to produce Ontario's prodcts for less in order to make more profit.

The only question is whether the quality of the Ontario branded products will suffer and, as a result, Blue Ridge will sell less & make less of Ontario's products than they expect thru the acquisition.

Time will tell . . .

If that's the case and Blue Ridge Knives do happen to cut corners on manufacturing to save money then they'll probably go under after a short time. Give it a couple years. If they cannot make it now in America, I doubt they'll survive given the dwindling demand for their knives.

The queestion is... what are their flagship products that people should buy right now?
I would assume their military survival knives and Rat folders. Looking at the EDC trend here on BF and what is usually selling new at knife dealers, I don't notice much Ontario stuff being pushed 🧐

Nuts... missed that.
oh well... HEY EVERYBODY... I'M THAT GUY.

It easy to do a search to find the information you need:
I was actually taking my horse and buggy to the county library to research it, so you really saved me some time there.

The only question is whether the quality of the Ontario branded products will suffer and, as a result, Blue Ridge will sell less & make less of Ontario's products than they expect thru the acquisition.
Losing 50-ish heads of developed talent seems like a guaranteed way to degrade the quality of the product.

jbmonkey jbmonkey From the SEC filing it looks like Blue Ridge Knives bought OKC outright. So it looks like they have the right to use the Ontario Knife Company name and any trademarks.

From the link below:
"On July 10, 2023, Servotronics, Inc. (the “Company”) and its subsidiary, The Ontario Knife Company (“OKC”), entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement (the “Asset Purchase Agreement”) with Blue Ridge Knives, Inc. (the “Buyer”), pursuant to which, upon the terms and subject to the conditions thereto, Buyer has agreed to purchase substantially all of the inventory, intellectual property assets, tangible personal property and goodwill of OKC (the “Business”) for an aggregate purchase price of $2.1 million, subject to adjustment based on inventory values at closing (the “Transaction”)."

This is just a real bummer all around.

If they kept production of their flagship products in the USA I wouldn't mind much but that's a big if.

jbmonkey jbmonkey From the SEC filing it looks like Blue Ridge Knives bought OKC outright. So it looks like they have the right to use the Ontario Knife Company name and any trademarks.

From the link below:
"On July 10, 2023, Servotronics, Inc. (the “Company”) and its subsidiary, The Ontario Knife Company (“OKC”), entered into an Asset Purchase Agreement (the “Asset Purchase Agreement”) with Blue Ridge Knives, Inc. (the “Buyer”), pursuant to which, upon the terms and subject to the conditions thereto, Buyer has agreed to purchase substantially all of the inventory, intellectual property assets, tangible personal property and goodwill of OKC (the “Business”) for an aggregate purchase price of $2.1 million, subject to adjustment based on inventory values at closing (the “Transaction”)."
good info, thank you Sir. without factory as we already knew means they may make the American made fixed blade models line in China and keep names and such. well have to watch as current stock starts to go down at dealers.....

Well this is disappointing to hear…one of the most comfortable knives I own is the RAT. Hopefully the new company doesn’t screw them up!
ED4744D5-8490-45E3-9F01-D56D0E4E6730.jpeg

Back