Ordered a Ratmandu!

Awesome Rig my good friend and welcome to the family! Great color combo and I really like the sheath setup, might look into something similar for my pack. Glad to see you sharing all the joy!

Hindsight,

I'll get some shots up and a review of the other holster when I get home. On the damn bus smashed together with other Joes currently. I like pictures so I always put them in my posts if I can.

Hindsight,

I'll get some shots up and a review of the other holster when I get home. On the damn bus smashed together with other Joes currently. I like pictures so I always put them in my posts if I can.
Will be looking forward to it, still waiting on mine.

Oh baby this sheath is nice. It is super well made. The insert is loose and there is a little rattle when the blade is inserted but it's not bad at all. I actually do not plan on reforming it. I want it loose so when sand and dirt gets on the blade it doesn't drag and dull the blade at all. In addition, when I'm out in the field at times (such as this past week) it was 20 degrees and it can get sticky in those sheaths. Anyhow, here are some pics! Also pics of the blade convexed and mirror polished on the edge.

Dang I kinda like that smooth black finish. It'd be cool to see Jerry do a run of RMDs with some smooth, tough cerakote.

I've got one of those spec ops sheaths I bought for my first RMD. They're a nice option for sure.

1aOXw04.jpg

mpJukjX.jpg

That edge is looking great, glad to see you enjoying it and making it all your own!

Thank you hindsight. I'm pumped to get it cracking in the woods here in the next week. Right now I've only used it here and there so it's not properly broken in yet.

I'll post some photos of mine when it gets here, I just checked my account and it says.This order is marked as Shipped :D:D:D

Thats great news Skyhorse, can't wait to hear how you feel about it when you get to use it!

Yes skyhorse! That's awesome news. I'm looking forward to your impressions on the blade. I can say that I really like mine the way I have it now. It's awesome.

It looks like you thinned the bevel out a little there Cryptyc ? What type of stone did you use ? Looks good !

I did a bit skyhorse. I actually didn't want to thin it out too much so I only used some sandpaper over some of my strops to maximize the convex then I stropped. I used 600 grit, 1000 grit, and 2000 grit paper, with white and green compound strop afterwards.

The edge looks great. The ETA on my Rat to the Drop Zone is Monday, I'll be popping smoke. :D

hahahah popping smoke. Nice. I'm glad yours will be there Monday. The weekend is going to go by sloooooooooow.

Back