1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Ordered a Sebenza 21 and didn't receive it!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Cold World, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Cold World

Cold World Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Hello,

I'm new here, just bought a few knives recently.

I had a Emerson QCQ-15 being delivered today from Knifecenter.com, and a Sebenza 21 with carbon fiber scale from KniveArt.com also being delivered today.

I checked the tracking number, it showed both were delivered "in or at mailbox" at 5:58 PM, I went to my mailbox at 6:30 PM and only received the Emerson QCQ-15, along with some other random mail.

Needless to say I'm upset.:mad:

I contacted KnifeArt.com via email, right away and will call them tomorrow morning.

What should I expect from KnifeArt.com?

Thanks for your input.

2. JSMcustoms

JSMcustoms

Feb 2, 2012
    I've had this happen before with a package. I went to the Post Office the next day, and they had it there for some reason for which they offered no explanation. The seller should work with you since the tracking information shows it having been delivered, however, the USPS mandates you wait at least 15 to 60 days to file a non-receipt of package claim. I'd contact them first thing tomorrow though to see if this is something which can be handled in a more expeditious fashion.

3. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    It doesn't sound like a Knifeart screw-up, it sounds like maybe the package was delivered to the wrong address.

Maybe ask your neighbors if they received a package addressed to you by mistake.

Good luck. I hope you get your knife.

4. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Contact your post office right away so they can talk to the letter carrier. The longer you wait, the less he will remember.

5. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    I wouldn't freak yet. Had this happen and it was delivered the next day

6. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    My guess is Knife Art sent it with signature or insured so much you have to sign and the carrier took it back.

Both delivered at 5:58 there is a reason they took one back and not the other. If they don't have it there have them check the GEO location and see were it was scanned. that could help you tremendously if it were mis delivered.

Do this too.....

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  7. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    It sure is a good thing we have you guys here, a missing knife/possibly lost in the mail/taking the scenic route can be nerve racking. Thanks!

8. NYOutdoors

NYOutdoors Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Had this happen a few weeks ago -- two packages scheduled for delivery on one day, both tracking numbers showed delivered, but one package in the mailbox.

Not sure what happened exactly, but I called up the post office and they delivered the second package to my mailbox a few hours later. Strange, but things do happen. Best of luck.

9. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Let's hope for a good outcome!

10. tchapman414

tchapman414 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I've had the exact same thing happen on several occasions. One of which was just last week. A couple of them I got it at the post office later that day or the next, and others I had delivered the next day.

The advice to call and have the PO contact the carrier is solid.

11. Leftytwogunz

Leftytwogunz

Apr 30, 2013
    Was the carrier from Knifeart also USPS? I haven't ordered from them in a while, but I seem to remember them using FEDEX.

Either way, contact the carrier as soon as you can, may have just been a little mix up.
    Let us know how it turns out.

12. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    FedEx will use USPS for final delivery on small/low weight packages. Saves money, time, fuel, etc. I've had a handful of knives delivered via FedEx SmartPost.

13. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    So have I and it usually takes an extra day or 2.
    Joe

14. Cold World

Cold World Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2016
    I would like to thank everyone for their replies.

I did indeed receive my package today!

Apparently it got "missorted"...

Yes both packages were handled solely USPS.

And no this wasn't KnifeArts fault in anyway. I did contact them, they called USPS for me and followed up with me, so I have nothing bad to say about KnifeArt.

I was very concerned as this happened to me a few months back, got a "delivered in or at mailbox" USPS tracking conformation, but I never got my package. It was a motorcycle part, that package was left outside of my mailbox next to the sidewalk and was stolen.

Anyway here she is my first and only Sebenza, I absolutely love her. I'm happy as a clam :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. REVDH

REVDH

Apr 27, 2015
    Some times when the mail men do not deliver all the stuff they are supposed to they say they did and do it the next day. or when they get around to it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  16. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    Same with me.

17. palonej

Aug 5, 2015
    Glad it worked out Bananas!!!
    Gorgeous frogging knife too! Enjoy it!
    Joe

18. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    God news! and congrats!

19. Spartan00

Spartan00

Feb 4, 2016
    That delivered at mailbox thing happens to me all the time . It still makes me nervous when I see it but it's just how the post office here does things . Glad everything worked out for you , it can be stressful trying to find a usps package.

20. palonej

Aug 5, 2015
    Especially with one of those bad boys in the package!! I wouldn't be able to sleep!!
    I'm waiting for a gorgeous brand new gorgeous Guardian 3. It was supposed to be here yesterday, tracking still shows delivery for Friday. The package seems to have stalled for 2 days.......wonderful!!
    Joe

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016