OREGON KNIFE SHOW 2019

This show looks much more relaxed than the tulsa show that I am accustomed to. Great knives there, and more amazing guns than you could imagine, but you are also likely to get stampeded at times.

We met so many nice people at the show!! And giving knives to kids just makes sense (after getting their parents permission of course)!!
MCar didn't tell you that his daughter's nickname is TC!! She is named after an aunt, not my Barlows, but there was a Barlow with her name on it!!
Great post, MCar!!
And Danno - thanks for posting pics of the show, and your wonderful finds!!
And herder, you must have found that Challenge when I wasn't looking - real nice!!
This show was like spending time with one's brothers and sisters - very family-like!!

We met so many nice people at the show!! And giving knives to kids just makes sense (after getting their parents permission of course)!!
MCar didn't tell you that his daughter's nickname is TC!! She is named after an aunt, not my Barlows, but there was a Barlow with her name on it!!
Great post, MCar!!
And Danno - thanks for posting pics of the show, and your wonderful finds!!
And herder, you must have found that Challenge when I wasn't looking - real nice!!
This show was like spending time with one's brothers and sisters - very family-like!!
Charlie...I am already booking next year's show on calendar! :)

Shankenstein - great haul, especially that KK EO. What seller did you pick that one up from, if you don't mind me asking?
Mike - like Charlie said, you were missed, as was Lloyd.
Herder - beautiful Challenge! It was great meeting you!
MCar and waverave - very nice hauls and show pics.

Here are some photos of a fantastic display of Sheffield folding dirks. I have photos of all the displays and will get around to posting them soon, if nobody is getting tired of seeing them.

RIMG1677.JPG RIMG1679.JPG RIMG1680.JPG RIMG1681.JPG RIMG1682.JPG

SWEET MOMMA Dan!!!!
The Knives you scored are just simply gorgeous, RIGHT!!!! all you guys have had your turn- NONE of you are going next year- Just Me.... Yup thats how I am seeing it :D

Seriously= Dan- amazing score mate, Darren well done too matey!

Herder That Challenge!!! Oh Man.... unbelievable!!! :eek: :eek: There MUST be a connection with New York Knives and Challenge as their Bone like this is so so Similar is just not funny, I find though that the Challenge Bone is always very Curvey ( Convex ) if that makes sense?
Beautiful knife Herder Sir

Our haul for the trip consists of those knives, buttons, a wonderful book, some U of O apparel, a #15 and, best of all, the start of some friendships.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your kindness to my children. It's had quite the impact on them.

Here are the gems my little family came away with, thanks to the generosity of several members here.

k7KXTGM.jpg

92FGT3Z.jpg

Each of my children got a knife, thanks to the generosity of @knowtracks and waynorth waynorth .
GePREPO.jpg

And each got a fistful of buttons thanks to @knowtracks, waynorth waynorth & @gunstockjack.

MygTxtV.jpg

I purchased this wonderful book from Dale Larson and a great #15 from @gunstockjack (I'm a sucker for those standard, cresent nail nicks).

8EueR42.jpg

And I finally had an opportunity to show waynorth waynorth my two favorite #15 barlows. I have a couple more that I'll likely never part with, but these two are probably my all-time-favorites.

Thank you again to you three gentlemen for making this knife show so wonderful for my kids. They are working on some thank you notes that I'll send to you three via PM soon. And, although I don't think he's on BF, deep thanks to Dale Larson, not only for sharing the wonderful "Forrest Bowie," but also for all the work he put into this impressive book. He has to be taking a significant loss on the book if you consider all the research and the publication's very high quality. It's clear he brought this work to fruition, at a personal loss, in order to make a contribution to knife collectors and historians. Simply wonderful. Thank you all. I look forward to seeing everyone next year.
That's what it's all about right there :thumbsup:

Shankenstein - great haul, especially that KK EO. What seller did you pick that one up from, if you don't mind me asking?
Mike - like Charlie said, you were missed, as was Lloyd.
Herder - beautiful Challenge! It was great meeting you!
MCar and waverave - very nice hauls and show pics.

Here are some photos of a fantastic display of Sheffield folding dirks. I have photos of all the displays and will get around to posting them soon, if nobody is getting tired of seeing them.

View attachment 1112656 View attachment 1112658 View attachment 1112659 View attachment 1112660 View attachment 1112661
Dan, I'm afraid that I didn't get the name of the gentleman I got it from. I actually got both Eos from him though. His table was in the D-F areas, and I think he had some family members with him at his tables.

Back