OREGON KNIFE SHOW 2019

Last, but certainly not least, I got to add a couple to my Electrician collection.
One was this Ulster in butter and molasses.
QCGomvo.jpg

IlglbIZ.jpg

The other was this unreal wide-bail Robeson in beautiful bone
sD4Nz5v.jpg

ebaZ8ZP.jpg

SS02GHl.jpg

rM93R0K.jpg

The pic didn't pick up the blade etch "Electrician". I loved it and had to add it as soon as I saw it. I saw and passed on so many beautiful knives. I'm very much looking forward to the next show.

Duncan, Frank et.al, there were many nice Scouts, Canoes, and everything else to be had at the show!! If you ask enough people, you will find them at a show like that one!!
I found most of those scouts in a batch of at least 50 of them!! The hard part is having the time to search!! You cannot see a show like that in 2-3 days!! It takes longer!!:rolleyes:
The dilemma!!:oops:

Charlie, you are absolutely right about that. It takes more money too. Hahaha. And BTW, as soon as I can get that Empire Electrician out that we talked about, I'll get you a picture of it.

@TheChunk91 Paul T. asked about Schrades! There is a Schrade Walden Scout a few posts back, and here are 4 SCCs that I got at the show!
That Corn Knife is like a scalpel - for removing your own corns!! Scary!!:eek:
The Bail Jack had a chain at one time - long gone, as most of them are, IMO.:rolleyes:
View attachment 1111932 View attachment 1111933 View attachment 1111934
These are nice, minty knives, but check out the next one coming up; as soon as I scan it!! ;)

Charlie, love the Cut Co with the sheep foot blade, so hard to find and in fantastic condition. Also great additions to your Navy knife collection, you must be close to having them all now.

Charlie, you are absolutely right about that. It takes more money too. Hahaha. And BTW, as soon as I can get that Empire Electrician out that we talked about, I'll get you a picture of it.

There's never enough money, Frank!! I look forward to the picture!

Incredible pick ups Charlie and Shankenstien.

Thanks Duncan! Keep me posted my friend!!

Charlie, love the Cut Co with the sheep foot blade, so hard to find and in fantastic condition. Also great additions to your Navy knife collection, you must be close to having them all now.

I was looking for that list of Navy knives, John. Do you have a copy of it??
I still don't have a Miller Bros!! Ha Ha !!:D Some day another will appear!!:)

There's never enough money, Frank!! I look forward to the picture!

Thanks Duncan! Keep me posted my friend!!

I was looking for that list of Navy knives, John. Do you have a copy of it??
I still don't have a Miller Bros!! Ha Ha !!:D Some day another will appear!!:)

Yea, I got a copy, it's in Levines third edition, when I get home today I'll post a picture of the list.

Hey, I know someone who has a Miller Bros, maybe he'll bring it to Titusville ;);)

Great knives too bad I missed the show this year.

Last but not least; A Cattaraugus and a Camillus! The Catt, rumor has it, was also produced in Pearl and considered a "Scoutmaster Award" knife or some such - anyone know??
Most of these have a broken opener blade, and almost all of those Catt compasses are not working - sigh.:rolleyes: Nice little 3 1/8" knife though!
Odd Camillus tang stamp!!??
View attachment 1111695 View attachment 1111696 View attachment 1111697

Charlie, yes they did make a pearl in the Jr Scout. cattpearljrscout4 (1024x683).jpg cattpearljrscout5 (1024x683).jpg

Yea, I got a copy, it's in Levines third edition, when I get home today I'll post a picture of the list.

Hey, I know someone who has a Miller Bros, maybe he'll bring it to Titusville ;);)

Cool!! What would he be hoping to find in Titusville, hmmmm???

You are not a Barlow collector if you don't pick up a few when you get the chance!!:)
The Cripple Creek because it has my initials on it!:rolleyes:
The curved Russell because you never leave one of THOSE behind!!:eek:
The others - just because!!:D
Barlows A1.jpg Barlows A2.jpg Barlows A3.jpg Barlows A4.jpg

Wow!!!
Hey Charlie- did you pick up ANOTHER curved Russell? Or is that the same amazing one you got a while back?

That New York looks to be an Oldie!! Wow!

There was an old friend/dealer at Oregon who was selling an estate of several thousand traditional knives, for the family involved. I was looking at a couple of trays of scouts (holding about 24 knives each) when he pulled out a tray of WWI Navy knives!! "Don't you collect these?" he said!
Trying to appear calm, while my heart went "Whoop Whoop Whoop", I said "Yes, I have a few - let me have a look!!" I tried to select a few that I didn't have, or that were better than my examples!! Here are the results. I would have bought more, but I was trying to be judicious!:rolleyes:
View attachment 1111709
The first three are Imperial (IKCo), Camillus and Challenge.
View attachment 1111710
The last four are Canton Cut Co, Schatt&Morgan, Cattaraugus and Hammer Brand (NYK).
The Catt and NYK are heart-stopping!!:eek:
View attachment 1111711
I can't even believe my eyes...a whole tray...wow ...thousands in that shape and quality o_Oo_Oo_O:eek:...faint

Gev, Gev, are you OK??? Wake up!! Wake up!!:eek:
:D
That estate was the buzz of the show! He had around 200 of those trays as I recall now, full of one or two types of old knife each. Smelling salts abounded!!:eek::)
Here are a few more I picked up from him and others. And that's everything, except for one or two in my storage I inadvertently left in my boxes. I'll dig them out next week.
Pics in the next post!!:cool:

That's two curved Russells, now Duncan! I just couldn't pass it up, as the price was very enticing indeed!
The Pics!! 6 knives total with some following details.
1>Minty Empire ca. WWI.
2>2012 GEC stainless -lightly used.
3>2009 #73, stag by Evan
4>Union Knife & Razor Sowbelly
5>TEW Eng. Jack - integral bolsters and no "ENGLAND", so older!!
6>Joseph Rodgers horseman's knife!
4 7/8" - nice larger size, second blade a bit worn, otherwise all there and great Stag!
Please enjoy looking!!

Misc A1.jpg Misc A2.jpg Misc A3.jpg Misc A4.jpg Misc A5.jpg Misc A6.jpg Misc A7.jpg Misc A8.jpg Misc A9.jpg

Gev, Gev, are you OK??? Wake up!! Wake up!!:eek:
:D
That estate was the buzz of the show! He had around 200 of those trays as I recall now, full of one or two types of old knife each. Smelling salts abounded!!:eek::)
Here are a few more I picked up from him and others. And that's everything, except for one or two in my storage I inadvertently left in my boxes. I'll dig them out next week.
Pics in the next post!!:cool:
Revived by the salts and holding on for more treats !! Thank you Charlie and everyone for sharing the joy !!!!

Pass the salts brother - pass ‘em quick!!!

It doesn’t stop Charlie! I need to totally revisit this in the weekend.

Any HJ’s my friend?

Just looked again!...
That JR is in amazing condition Charlie- now let me see Charlie you were saying you were to stop buying knives???:D

But I HAVE to admit Charlie- Taylor Eye Witness has always captured me and the one you snagged - a Spear Point English Jack? That Knife is ab- so- lutely STUNNING!!!!!!

If there was a place to Queue for that Russell.....

That's two curved Russells, now Duncan! I just couldn't pass it up, as the price was very enticing indeed!
The Pics!! 6 knives total with some following details.
1>Minty Empire ca. WWI.
2>2012 GEC stainless -lightly used.
3>2009 #73, stag by Evan
4>Union Knife & Razor Sowbelly
5>TEW Eng. Jack - integral bolsters and no "ENGLAND", so older!!
6>Joseph Rodgers horseman's knife!
4 7/8" - nice larger size, second blade a bit worn, otherwise all there and great Stag!
Please enjoy looking!!

View attachment 1112290 View attachment 1112291 View attachment 1112292 View attachment 1112293 View attachment 1112294 View attachment 1112295 View attachment 1112296 View attachment 1112297 View attachment 1112298
Sowbelly!!:thumbsup:

Back