OREGON KNIFE SHOW 2019

Looks like I won't make it this year after all. Work has me flying to Alaska this weekend. Nuts!

Eugene is only 4 hours away from me. I’m really tempted to just drive down for the day after looking at some photos here.
Do it :) 8 hr drive for me :thumbsup:

Reactions: 315
I'm driving up Friday and will be at the show Saturday...is Friday for OKCA members only? I need to make sure I can do that next year :thumbsup:

Friday is members only/table holder setup, and display setup.
Friday morning, about 8 A.M, until 10 A.M. when the doors open, there is often a lot of trading and haggling outside, if the weather is nice!!:D
We are gonna have fun!!!:)

I will offer a free gift to every BF member who stops by! C'mon to Oregon!!!

Wish I was going. I made my first knife show last year in Portland. Bladeshow West, and hand a grand time!!

There was a traditional display that had a lot of good knives I wanted to look at, and possible buy.... I could not get the gentleman selling them to even acknowledge my existence. I lurked and cleared my throat and peered and tried to get him to help me for 15-20 minutes, then came back several times. Nothing doing!!!! I ended up blowing the the money I wanted to give him on several customs from other makers I like......

Had custom makers asking me to pick up, fondle, oogle, and test the action on customs costing several thousand.....but could not get the old coot selling old knives to help me......
Rather off putting as I had a couple grand to spend on knives from him.....

Wish I was going. I made my first knife show last year in Portland. Bladeshow West, and hand a grand time!!

There was a traditional display that had a lot of good knives I wanted to look at, and possible buy.... I could not get the gentleman selling them to even acknowledge my existence. I lurked and cleared my throat and peered and tried to get him to help me for 15-20 minutes, then came back several times. Nothing doing!!!! I ended up blowing the the money I wanted to give him on several customs from other makers I like......

Had custom makers asking me to pick up, fondle, oogle, and test the action on customs costing several thousand.....but could not get the old coot selling old knives to help me......
Rather off putting as I had a couple grand to spend on knives from him.....

I've met his kind at shows many times over the years. The other version is the guy that is never at his table no mater how many times you come back to buy. I don't think either really come to shows to sell but to just be with other knife people and chat.

I've met his kind at shows many times over the years. The other version is the guy that is never at his table no mater how many times you come back to buy. I don't think either really come to shows to sell but to just be with other knife people and chat.
One of the custom knife makers had a table full of high end kitchen knives.... he left, and a customer dropped one on the concrete!!!

Well I made it up here in one piece. 7.5 hour drive from the bay area. Looking forward to finding some new additions to the collection. So many directions I can go with my collection. I want to acquire something in each category so that I can get variety, but you know how that goes. You like what you like.

Well I made it up here in one piece. 7.5 hour drive from the bay area. Looking forward to finding some new additions to the collection. So many directions I can go with my collection. I want to acquire something in each category so that I can get variety, but you know how that goes. You like what you like.
Nice! I'm coming from the Bay Area as well. Good luck knife shopping hope you find some good ones! Save some for me :)

No pics yet? That might be a good thing it means everyone is probably having a good time (and not on their phones or computers) :thumbsup:

No pics yet? That might be a good thing it means everyone is probably having a good time (and not on their phones or computers) :thumbsup:
Have fun tomorrow, Darren! I'll be looking forward to your show report. :)

One of these days I'll hopefully make it out there!

Have fun tomorrow, Darren! I'll be looking forward to your show report. :)

One of these days I'll hopefully make it out there!
Thanks Taylor I hope so too! It is beautiful country up here...and this time of year EVERYTHING is green and gorgeous.

Never been to the show but interested to go. Is it a mix of different type of knives (traditional and modern)?

Back