Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

Well, my kiridashi arrived today; irresponsibly sharp and cool as hell :thumbup:

Pics and review forthcoming, but I'm fairly certain that this was the best $75 I've spent in a good long while!

as promised, here are some pics -- this thing ROCKS! :thumbup:

IMG_20160107_2254082_zps9hpwonav.jpg

IMG_20160107_2254282_zpswmays9st.jpg

IMG_20160107_2254342_zpsvxzjvt6e.jpg

IMG_20160107_2254472_zps3npmef7d.jpg

IMG_20160107_2255042_zpsaeb9efnr.jpg

IMG_20160107_2255262_zpsy2giztus.jpg

IMG_20160107_2255372_zpszpxeonvn.jpg

IMG_20160107_2255422_zps5k3hpbvz.jpg

IMG_20160107_2255202_zpshj96owok.jpg

Great Pics, Thanks for Sharing and for the compliments I am stoked to hear you are pleased and find it well worth your money!

A New Fighting Knife Prototype I have been designing. I still think I need to refine a few Minor things, But in all I am pleased this on is 3/16 O1 I may go thicker in the future I want to finish this one out play with it for a while and see if I want to tweak the design some.

I will keep you all updated, Thank you everyone for your continued support and Awesome photos, Please continue to share and post anything Osprey Knife & Tool.

Chris Linton.

Hosted on Fotki

Happy New Year Brian! :thumbup:;)

Damn I missed this post Gus. But hey...since you got that new one, yeah you probably don't need that sunrise one anymore. And it'll be Christmas again in just....well my birthday will be....yeah I got nothin'. Very mice knives man! I love that model. I can't wait to get the one I talked to Chris about a little ways down the road when I have recovered some from the seasons of giving and tax collection :)

:thumbup: I like your new fighting knife prototype Chris! Looking forward to seeing the finished knife.

Damn I missed this post Gus. But hey...since you got that new one, yeah you probably don't need that sunrise one anymore. And it'll be Christmas again in just....well my birthday will be....yeah I got nothin'. Very mice knives man! I love that model. I can't wait to get the one I talked to Chris about a little ways down the road when I have recovered some from the seasons of giving and tax collection :)

LOL! I'm sure you're gonna love it Brian! It's a great knife, I'm definitely holding on to mine. :thumbup:;)

LOL! I'm sure you're gonna love it Brian! It's a great knife, I'm definitely holding on to mine. :thumbup:;)

I have no doubts I will Gus. And yeah, as much as I give you a hard time about it, Chris has to make mine differently. I have to have mine with an un-sharpened swedge in order to edc it the way I want to. There are some places I work where double edges are highly illegal. I really love the sunrise handle though, so I have requested that. It puts me in mind of the Keys and fishing in the surf, grilling fresh fish on the beach, and drinking tequila sunrises while watching the sunset. That takes me back a few years, I need to hit the Keys again soon.

I have no doubts I will Gus. And yeah, as much as I give you a hard time about it, Chris has to make mine differently. I have to have mine with an un-sharpened swedge in order to edc it the way I want to. There are some places I work where double edges are highly illegal. I really love the sunrise handle though, so I have requested that. It puts me in mind of the Keys and fishing in the surf, grilling fresh fish on the beach, and drinking tequila sunrises while watching the sunset. That takes me back a few years, I need to hit the Keys again soon.

:thumbup: Sounds good Brian! I could use some time off in the keys myself. :)

A New Fighting Knife Prototype I have been designing. I still think I need to refine a few Minor things, But in all I am pleased this on is 3/16 O1 I may go thicker in the future I want to finish this one out play with it for a while and see if I want to tweak the design some.

I will keep you all updated, Thank you everyone for your continued support and Awesome photos, Please continue to share and post anything Osprey Knife & Tool.

Chris Linton.

Hosted on Fotki

I have decided what I am tweaking so far, I really and liking this design and feel like this is the beginning of a new style and Line of knives on top of my current line up

I wanted to share photos of a prototype I have been working on for awhile now. I have been drawing similar blades on paper and this is what I came up with. The Specs are as follows.. 3/16ths thick, Flat ground with sharpened clip, It has a tapered tang which put the balance point right at the guard which make the knife feel lively in your hand. It measures 6" at the blade and overall 11 1/8 ". I sandblasted the handle to provide lots of extra grip! As of right now I really like everything about this knife. It is nasty looking. It Bites with purpose in anything I cut into or stab. I plan on conducting more testing suited for this style knife soon. More pictures of that to come. I still have not decided on a name for it and i am open to suggestions.

Please feel free to leave feedback.
Thanks,
Chris

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

For me, the blade conjures up visions of Jim Bowie.
Beautiful lines throughout, very striking !!
The handle is the perfect combat grip keeping the hand well entrenched between the blade and the butt of the knife no matter what position the knife is in.
It appears that the balance is perfect, lending itself to a last ditch throw.
I like the way the gray scales flow into the blade almost as an extension of the blade.

All in all, it looks like you have a winner

For me, as I said, the lines remind me of a Bowie so how about "The Alamo" for a name,
or, on the grim side "The Santa Ana Slayer" :eek: That last name was a pun albeit fitting :D

For me, the blade conjures up visions of Jim Bowie.
Beautiful lines throughout, very striking !!
The handle is the perfect combat grip keeping the hand well entrenched between the blade and the butt of the knife no matter what position the knife is in.
It appears that the balance is perfect, lending itself to a last ditch throw.
I like the way the gray scales flow into the blade almost as an extension of the blade.

All in all, it looks like you have a winner

For me, as I said, the lines remind me of a Bowie so how about "The Alamo" for a name,
or, on the grim side "The Santa Ana Slayer" :eek: That last name was a pun albeit fitting :D

Mark,

I really like that last one its very fitting probably one of my favorite suggestions so far. I am going to have to seriously consider that one or something similar.
And you are not far of I drew my inspirations to design the knife from fighting Bowie's. This would be considered a small or Vest Bowie

Last edited:
First Test was a puncture and cutting test. The test was simple yet effective. I took a piece of of leather and cut it into squares with the knife.
I was quite pleased that it sliced the leather with ease considering the steel in 3/16th thick a the spine.
I then stacked the 10 leather squares on a stump and stabbed the knife through them. The point sailed through the leather with little resistance until it hit the log puncturing into the log as well. I had to give it a little tug to free it from the stump after puncturing the leather. The last picture I bumped it up to 12 squares
I put a link here below to my Instagram Page were I posted a video.
More Testing to come, So far I am very pleased with the results!

https://www.instagram.com/ospreyknifeandtool/?hl=en

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
Looking really good Chris! That clip gets nice penetration man. I like that video.

Back