Osprey Knife and Tool Shop Talk and Information Swap

Bud's ISP Ambidextrous sheath is perfect for the Warthog EDC and my specific carry needs.

20160124_093904_zpsrlhcfvph.jpg

20160124_093835_zpspx5pijxe.jpg

20160124_093824_zpsr5g7lzku.jpg

20160124_092648_zpsl4tijw7n.jpg

I would like to introduce my newest blade to my lineup

Recon 3/16" O1 Tool Steel,
Flat Grind, Tapered Tang
Black Canvas Micarta over Natural with Stainless Pins.
6 3/4" Blade 11 3/4 OAL
9.92 ounces or 0.62 lbs

Blade has a slight re-curve to it measuring 1.525" at the narrowest part of the blade height and 1.565 at the Tallest part.

Balance Point is slightly Forward of the Guard.

This Knife has Plenty of curves, wide hips, and Butt:D Plenty for you to hold onto when....
Seriously Though The Ergonomics on the handle lock your hand in without cramping it.
Plenty of room to choke up for leverage and room enough to choke back and really chop.

I Usually keep the first knife (prototype) of a given model I make, but this one turned out exceptionally well so I will be listing it for sale today on the Friday Sales Thread.

Hosted

Hosted on Fotki
on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

URL=http://public.fotki.com/Ospre[yknifeandtool/osprey-knife-and-tool-/20160212-094031-jpg.html]
mJda_EF_9GYS5-vi.jpg
[/URL]Hosted on Fotki

Please share your thoughts and questions.

Updated This post.

That Recon looks like a bad bad knife! Nicely executed Chris!

Thank you. IMO the ergonomics and geometry of the knife overall lend to an excellent cutter/chopper for its relative size. I wanted to maximize its cutting abilities while maintaining a managable blade size. I also designed this knife to be used in and offensive/defense posture if so desired. It would make an excellent Bushcrafting Knife but also more. Bushcrafting was not the lense through which designed the knife the name lends to the Influence on the design.

Wow! That is a FINE looking blade. Your work continues to improve (from really good to GREAT) and I cannot wait to see what is next.

Bud's ISP Ambidextrous sheath is perfect for the Warthog EDC and my specific carry needs.

20160124_093904_zpsrlhcfvph.jpg

20160124_093835_zpspx5pijxe.jpg

20160124_093824_zpsr5g7lzku.jpg

20160124_092648_zpsl4tijw7n.jpg

Dave, I really like the ISP Sheath it really sets the knife of and makes it super handy to carry in multiple pockets or combinations.
I need to get me one!

Wow! That is a FINE looking blade. Your work continues to improve (from really good to GREAT) and I cannot wait to see what is next.

Thank you, for me the quest for improvement never stops it continues from one knife to the next. I look forward to producing more models in the future!

I love the Recon Chris. For that style knife it is excellent that it is just a bit blade heavy for chopping power while not being so blade heavy that it would be fatiguing to the wrist in finer uses. I love the slight re-curve as well. It makes me want to play with one with some bamboo :) I really dig the handle contours as well. They seem much like the contours of this fighter, (the Mamba?) and it is very comfortable in various holds and in use.

Just wanted to show off the new design Kiridashi Guard I got from Eric. It fits great, holds the blade securely with the RE magnets, but it isn't too difficult to draw. It allows me to comfortably carry this super sharp blade in my pocket. :thumbup:;)

Finally had a chance to take some pics of this awesome bog oak Ranger I got from Chris, and the excellent custom fit sheath Rick made for it. The fit and finish on both are outstanding. The handle on this knife is so comfortable, and it has great balance. :thumbup::)

Finally had a chance to take some pics of this awesome bog oak Ranger I got from Chris, and the excellent custom fit sheath Rick made for it. The fit and finish on both are outstanding. The handle on this knife is so comfortable, and it has great balance. :thumbup::)

Oooh Wow!!:eek::thumbup: That is one sexy set up there! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us Gus

Back