OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

Just as the thread tile states: Let's see those fiddlebacks & firearms!

As I am quickly finding out, many of us share the same passions and interests outside of fiddlebacks, so I decided what not a better way to combine two of my favorite hobbies, into one potentially epic post!

Ground Rules:

• Let's keep it friendly, family oriented, and engaging
  • Whether you want to show off your latest sharking victory and an 'ol .22, or your collection of runts & class III's (I'm sure there's someone out there :D), keep it to guns & knives (fiddlebacks of course)
  • Keep the pics coming! Don't blow all of your pics on one post; spread 'em out!
  • Again, the thread is open to all types of firearms; this is not a "just black rifles" or "just wheel guns" thread -- let's see those exotics!
  • For your own well being, keep it aboveboard (i.e. don't post anything you wouldn't want to / be able to explain to the BATF)
  • And for the love of god... please no selfies pointing your weapon(s) at the camera (read: mall ninja)
  • ...Other than that, have at it and enjoy yourselves!

PS. Try to avoid firearms pics where the S/N is visible (again, for your own good)

PPS. Don't even bother asking / soliciting / discussing / thinking about firearms sales, trading, etc in this thread. There are other websites / places for that; if you see something you want bad enough PM the individual directly and whatever you decide to do, be sure it is in accordance with your state and federal regulations!!!!!!

Cheers,

WJT :thumbup:

3/16" SFT Evergreen Shadetree Duke + Sig Sauer P220 Extreme (with a little work from the sig custom shop ;))
IMG_20140815_224518_zpsba9c9b87.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little hobby....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Adds function. I do some grip reductions, trigger guard undercutting, etc. Guns and knives just kinda go hand in hand....

Very slick work EKG! I had a few buddies get similar work done to their glocks and it made a world of difference -- I'll keep you in mind if any other opportunities ever come up!

Sorry, joined this forum to talk and relish about knives. Not firearms. Don't mean to offend anyone, but just my feeling. I think you are great wjt so please don't take offense, I really hope I don't offend, just won't frequent threads that get gunny, religious, or political.

Good stuff guys. Thanks WJT for starting the thread. I look forward to see all the stuff that I can only dream of having.

Here's my first contribution. A knife that fits me and a gun that fits me. Camp Knife and Benelli Nova.

IMG_5414_zps768ef497.jpg~original

IMG_5416_zps9711fcbd.jpg~original

Great thread wjt, two of my favorite things, Fiddlebacks and firearms. I gotta get the camera out more.

Will:

Great idea......will post some pics once me & my wife finish up our time here in the Smokey Mts. Thinking about making a swing down through Cumming, GA on the way home to meet Andy & Ken and get a look at the Forge. So far it's been an awesome trip. Seeing the source & the makers of all our Fiddleback's will make it even more memorable.

Peter

If the wife needs convincing tell her you want to take her to Lake Lanier. Once you get there just say, "Since we're in the area, it would be silly NOT to go to the shop.

If you go that route, let me know how it works because I've been planning on trying that on my wife!

Great idea Will! Two of my favorite things, too. Here's a set that go together for me. The Kimber Ultra Carry II w/ laser grip goes just about everywhere (legally) with me. The dagger grind Sneaky just seems a perfect fit in an uncomfortable situation. Those are fresh off the press 230g FMJ mil spec loads.
DSC00228.jpg

Thanks. I appreciate your comment. Maybe on my next contribution I can fit a fiddleback in there.

Sorry, joined this forum to talk and relish about knives. Not firearms. Don't mean to offend anyone, but just my feeling. I think you are great wjt so please don't take offense, I really hope I don't offend, just won't frequent threads that get gunny, religious, or political.

No harm / no foul -- we're all friends here, however, some topics aren't up everyones alley.thanks for dropping in none the less!

Great looking SIG, Will! A 226 Tactical Op is on my short list.

Thanks E -- the 226 T/O is a very cool piece; check gunbroker often as they sometime pop up for 2/3 MSRP!

Good stuff guys. Thanks WJT for starting the thread. I look forward to see all the stuff that I can only dream of having.

Here's my first contribution. A knife that fits me and a gun that fits me. Camp Knife and Benelli Nova.

IMG_5414_zps768ef497.jpg~original

IMG_5416_zps9711fcbd.jpg~original

Awesome Nathan! Man, Benellis are just SWEET -- I too was reserving my camp knife for the shotgun pic, but great first post for the scattergun crowd!

Will & Nathan,

You guys have nice taste in knives! ;). The guns are nice too.

Phil

Thanks Phil, if I recall correctly, I saw a pretty sweet wheelgun of yours on another thread -- looking forward to seeing more of it!

Great thread wjt, two of my favorite things, Fiddlebacks and firearms. I gotta get the camera out more.

Heck yeah! Looking forward to seeing your contributions Walt -- IMO, guns and fiddlebacks pair about as well as a 12yr single malt and a fine cigar... hmm that might be a different OT thread all together ;)

Will:

Great idea......will post some pics once me & my wife finish up our time here in the Smokey Mts. Thinking about making a swing down through Cumming, GA on the way home to meet Andy & Ken and get a look at the Forge. So far it's been an awesome trip. Seeing the source & the makers of all our Fiddleback's will make it even more memorable.

Awesome Pete -- sounds like a great time!! If you do make it to the shop, be sure to snag some pics & looking forward to your contributions upon your return!

Peter

Great idea Will! Two of my favorite things, too. Here's a set that go together for me. The Kimber Ultra Carry II w/ laser grip goes just about everywhere (legally) with me. The dagger grind Sneaky just seems a perfect fit in an uncomfortable situation. Those are fresh off the press 230g FMJ mil spec loads.
View attachment 465354

Oh WOW Rick -- that Kimber is spectacular (the SP isn't too shabby either; that particular one is perfect IMO as a CCW complement! Glad to see we have some other .45 fans in here as well -- I've been tinkering with getting into reloading; if I decide to go down the rabbit hole, I'll surely be hitting you up for recipes & advice!

Here here! I've had that gun on my wishlist for a long time.

The funny thing with high-end sigs is that occasionally folks will get buyer's remorse and look to bail on their new purchase. When I am looking for a new piece, I have a few resource that I check frequently for folks in the above stated situation; in all instances, I have scored SWEET sigs at significant discounts. If you are ever in the market, PM me, and I'll send some sites to check out!

Keep em' coming folks! Great first start -- I'll get another pic up later today!

The funny thing with high-end sigs is that occasionally folks will get buyer's remorse and look to bail on their new purchase. When I am looking for a new piece, I have a few resource that I check frequently for folks in the above stated situation; in all instances, I have scored SWEET sigs at significant discounts. If you are ever in the market, PM me, and I'll send some sites to check out!

Dude! That would be awesome. Maybe if I remember this conversation in 2017 when I get to come back to the US, I'll hit you up. I had a Sig 229 SAS and it was awesome. I really wish I had never got rid of it. Still bums me out!

Here are my minis! North American Arms .22 Mag and Ruger LCP with their friends the Runt and 2 Finger Karda.

Miniscopy-vi.jpg

No harm / no foul -- we're all friends here, however, some topics aren't up everyones alley.thanks for dropping in none the less!

Nope, I slept on it and I want to apologize. You are correct, not every topic is up everyone's alley and quite simply, if there is something I am not interested in, I should simply choose not to visit the thread instead of inject any comments that are negative or could be interpreted as such. Sorry buddy, my bad.

That awkward feeling when youre at a strip club with your friends and you realize youre all getting aroused at the same time...

its about to happen.

2014-08-16 10.59.15.jpg
2014-08-16 10.59.53.jpg

Back