OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

Keep It Classy

1845-1970 Winchester Model 94 Lone Star Commemorative. Grandfather gave it to me on my 21st birthday.
Fiddleback is a Bushfinger, O1, 5/32, TT, white over nat liners in Box Elder Burl

winchester.jpg

winchester2.jpg

Stevens Side-by-side 16 gauge. One of my all time favs.
Fiddlebacks are a Nessmuk & Duke in some Antique Westinghouse Canvas.

stevens16ga.jpg

Keep It Classy

1845-1970 Winchester Model 94 Lone Star Commemorative. Grandfather gave it to me on my 21st birthday.
Fiddleback is a Bushfinger, O1, 5/32, TT, white over nat liners in Box Elder Burl

winchester.jpg

winchester2.jpg

stevens16ga.jpg

Nice! Some really beauties there.

Cool thread!

My Glock is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. It's very easy and fun to shoot. I love this thing!

fVfeD91.jpg

YYjrJUl.jpg

Only the finest:

A vintage Winchester 1885 (manufactured in 1903), chambered for the ultra rare 32 Ideal cartridge. A Wilson CQB. A brand new Fiddleback Lonestar.

Lots of great stuff popping up on this thread! Got to like them all, but wish I could see a bit more of that Winchester. Bud's Steven's 16g double is way cool. Here's a rifle I enjoy shooting. Hawken style .54 cal half stock. Second time to build a period style rifle and enjoyed every bit, well, not every bit. Drilling the ramrod hole into that expensive block of maple, and knowing it had to be straight, was more than nerve wracking. At 100yds. on a rest, it'll group 3". Osage orange Bourbon Street Skinner has to go with this rifle. Just threw in the Butch Silver spike hawk for Bud.:)
DSC00229.jpg

Last edited:
That 1885 Winchester is just gorgeous. I have an 1886 in 45-70. One difference is that mine was used ever since it was made in 1901. No case hardening left to speak of, but it still shoots fine.

This is a great thread!!! I've had a enjoyed seeing everyone's interests outside of the greatest knives made. Here are a couple for everybody. For the Sig guys an X5 Tac TB, P239 Tac, and my edc Blueback Bushraptor. For the wheelgun hunters my Freedom Arms 454 with Kephart SS TT. And for the size matters guy's a Noveske 12.5" AR SBR, 14" 870 SBS, and Terra-cotta Competition Cutter. I'll try to take some better pictures for you guys tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 76
Lots of great stuff popping up on this thread! Got to like them all, but wish I could see a bit more of that Winchester.

Hey Rick. Thanks, but do you mean my Winchester or Bud's? I will try and get a few more up if requested.

That 1885 Winchester is just gorgeous. I have an 1886 in 45-70. One difference is that mine was used ever since it was made in 1901. No case hardening left to speak of, but it still shoots fine.

Hey Walt. Thanks, she is a beauty. How's the barrel in that 86'? Do you still shoot it? I own a few of these old winchesters and love casting, reloading, and shooting all of them. Case forming and prep for the 32 Ideal is a real nightmare, but worth it in the end. It's a tack driver.

Bud has a real nice full length of his Winchester, so if you have a chance, how about one of yours. Bet that is a chore doing custom case forming and prep. Where did you find a mold for the 32 Ideal?

Like seeing the Sigs. Never have had much experience with them, but sure know the rep!

Here are my minis! North American Arms .22 Mag and Ruger LCP with their friends the Runt and 2 Finger Karda.

Miniscopy-vi.jpg

Awesome collection -- love the minis; totally concealable and can pack a wallop; very nice!

Nope, I slept on it and I want to apologize. You are correct, not every topic is up everyone's alley and quite simply, if there is something I am not interested in, I should simply choose not to visit the thread instead of inject any comments that are negative or could be interpreted as such. Sorry buddy, my bad.

No worries dude; thanks :thumbup:

That awkward feeling when youre at a strip club with your friends and you realize youre all getting aroused at the same time...

its about to happen.

View attachment 465378
View attachment 465379

Loving the M&P; mine will get posted later! If you have a few bones to spare, the Smith & Wesson Performance package for it is WELL worth it!

Technically not my shank anymore, but I wanted in on the action!
View attachment 465384

Man E, a great & concealable combo!

Keep It Classy

winchester.jpg

winchester2.jpg

stevens16ga.jpg

Bud, based on your taste in knives & 'hawks, I figured you'd have some cool pieces -- great post! The lonestar has a great story & the side by side 16ga. is just plain awesome!

Cool thread!

My Glock is the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. It's very easy and fun to shoot. I love this thing!

Amen brother -- when all is said and done, Glocks will never get old in my book and cannot be beat for functionality & reliability!

fVfeD91.jpg

YYjrJUl.jpg

Only the finest:

A vintage Winchester 1885 (manufactured in 1903), chambered for the ultra rare 32 Ideal cartridge. A Wilson CQB. A brand new Fiddleback Lonestar.

Very very very nice trio Andy!! The Winchester is just an awesome piece of firearms history and the Wilson is on my own personal must have list! As an aside, I was not 100% sold on the lonestar EDC when it debuted, but after seeing it here, I want one BAD!

This is a great thread!!! I've had a enjoyed seeing everyone's interests outside of the greatest knives made. Here are a couple for everybody. For the Sig guys an X5 Tac TB, P239 Tac, and my edc Blueback Bushraptor. For the wheelgun hunters my Freedom Arms 454 with Kephart SS TT. And for the size matters guy's a Noveske 12.5" AR SBR, 14" 870 SBS, and Terra-cotta Competition Cutter. I'll try to take some better pictures for you guys tomorrow.

Geez dude, where do I start?! SBR?! X5 TAC?! 454?! uh, yes please :D! Awesome post -- thanks for sharing & looking forward to more pics! The Noveske is up my alley; I'll have some pics of my BCM forthcoming.

For the wheelgun folks, my Grandfather's S&W Model 64-3 (late 70's - early 80's) & my favorite kephart; two classics
IMG_20140816_181338_zps5ac0dd75.jpg

For the black rifle folks; my beloved BCM Recce 14.5 and a workhorse bushfinger; no matter how much I beat on either of these tools, they clean up nice and keep coming back for more!
IMG_20140816_181823_zps395224fb.jpg

Hey Walt. Thanks, she is a beauty. How's the barrel in that 86'? Do you still shoot it? I own a few of these old winchesters and love casting, reloading, and shooting all of them. Case forming and prep for the 32 Ideal is a real nightmare, but worth it in the end. It's a tack driver.

The barrel is fine, and I do shoot it some. I have not got into casting yet, but I reload everything. It has been carried more than it was shot, and the rifling is fine.

Bud has a real nice full length of his Winchester, so if you have a chance, how about one of yours. Bet that is a chore doing custom case forming and prep. Where did you find a mold for the 32 Ideal?

Hey Rick, I had to have a custom mold built by Mountain Molds. Good company.

Here are a few more pictures and stats on the rifle:

1903 built Winchester 1885. 30" #3 octagonal barrel, 32 Ideal, single set trigger, Swiss buttstock, Lyman front and rear.

And two of the finest Maker's Marks you will ever see!

Dadgummit! We had the same thread in a gun forum a few months back, but I've deleted the pics from my phone since the, except this one:

Some folks go for black rifles, but I call this my red rifle, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, ex-sniper (has 2 spot-welded holes in the side of the receiver where the scope mount attached)

It has a bayonet but no pic of it, so I'll satisfy the knife part with my Puma Bowie.

Dadgummit! We had the same thread in a gun forum a few months back, but I've deleted the pics from my phone since the, except this one:

Some folks go for black rifles, but I call this my red rifle, a Mosin Nagant 91/30, ex-sniper (has 2 spot-welded holes in the side of the receiver where the scope mount attached)

That is in 7.62 x 54, is it not?7

^^^^^No offense jamestap, but where are the Fiddlebacks? It's supposed to be Fiddlebacks and firearms.

Last edited:
Love seeing all these. I don't have anything classic or exotic to add. But I can add a couple of hard workers in black.

M&P9 and Longfellow.

IMG_5425_zps51843134.jpg~original

Back