1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Our brother, Yvsa, needs some prayers. Please read.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I started a thread designed to tease my Bro, Yvsa, and I don't regret doing it. I played a joke on him that turned sour but what this did is cause Bro to tell things he would never tell otherwise. He's in poor condition healthwise and needs some help. Everything has a reason.

We all know that our prayers coming from all over the world in all forms have worked in the past and can work again.

I'm asking everybody in your own way to send up some smoke for Yvsa. He's one of the good guys of this world and can use some outside help at this very bad time for him.

Smoke going up from the Titanic, Bro, and I suspect it will be going up from all parts of the world. Allow it all to work for you.

2. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    I will definitely keep him in my prayers. Yvsa is indeed one of the good guys:) I hope to hear news of improvement in the near future.

-Craig

3. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    I too am sending up prayers and good thoughts.

4. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Many thanks. Bro is not the type to complain and/or ask for help but I can and will. At first I felt very badly about making my post teasing him but now I'm feeling glad that I did. I KNOW that prayer works.

5. beoram

beoram

Nov 27, 2001
    puja and prayers here too.

B.

6. spence

spence

Jan 11, 2002
    Done.

Yvsa, you have the Catholic cheering section pulling for you.

S.

7. billpaxton

billpaxton

Feb 17, 2001
    Good thoughts and strength coming your way Yvsa :)

8. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    Inna-li-(A)llaahi-wa-inna-ilaihi-roji'uun
    Allaahumma-(i)hdihi-ila-(al)ssirotho-(a)lmustaqiim-thumma-(i)jj'aalhu-(a)l'aafiah-ba'da-iimanihim

9. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Thanks all, and especially to Nak who prays very well, indeed.

10. scalawag

scalawag

Jan 21, 2001
    My prayers are with you Brother!....they have been heard!

11. Matt H

Matt H

Oct 17, 2000
    My prayers and well-wishes are with you too, Yvsa. I also really hope the Cherokee Rose turns out perfect, and I think it will. I can picture some knife collector 200 years from now showing one to a friend and saying "I don't know who designed this thing, but he was a dayumed genius". I think it'll be that good, and I fully understand how important a man's work - and a man's art - can be.

12. Kmark

Kmark

Mar 21, 2000
    All the best to you, Yvsa, get well soon...

13. scalawag

scalawag

Jan 21, 2001
    O Great Spirit, Whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me! I am small and weak, I need your strength and wisdom. Let Me Walk In Beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make My Hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice. Make Me Wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people. Let Me Learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock. I Seek Strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy--myself. Make Me Always Ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes. So When Life Fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  14. Federico

Federico

Sep 5, 2000
    My thoughts and prayers are with you also.

15. beoram

beoram

Nov 27, 2001
    AGNIM ACHCHHAA DEVAYATAAM MANAAMSI CHAKSHUMSHIIVA SUURYA SAM CHARANTI
    'The minds of men who seek the Divine turn to the Flame of Inner Strength (AGNI) even as their visions converge in the illuminating Sun.'

--Rig Veda V.i.1(4)

16. golok

golok

Oct 20, 2000
    I like Yvsa. I am definitely in there for him, too.

Plenty of smoke from where I am.

17. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    IVSA,
    A PRAYER GOING, OR SHOULD I SAY PRAYERS THRU OUT THE DAY!
    jim

18. ACStudios

ACStudios Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Prayers going out from S.D. bro. .. I'll let Wal know too.

Alan

19. Ivan Campos

Ivan Campos

Apr 4, 1999
    My wishes of a quick and complete recovery, my friend!

20. Matt Matheny

Matt Matheny

Jan 15, 2000
    Smoke rising on the east coast.