Our "Front Porch" ....

I must say, having a 3" XM again is just a pure pleasure. Never again will I let this little baby go (I was without one for a few weeks)! It's so diminutive, hides away in the jeans pocket, yet a solid formidable tool when I need it. If any of you DON'T have a 3" because you think it's just too puny you don't know what your missing. It's like a gentleman's folder that ain't gentle!!!!

IMG_0957 by GermoneGold, on Flickr
(soon to have a black/blue scale and blue Ti bead lanyard)

Well said Map but, " It's a Gentlemens folder that ain't gentle" is as well said a description of the 3" XM as I have heard.
Well done:thumbup:

formidable

Great word w.r.t. Hinderer knives.

Great score on the three inch too :thumbup:

Now, this thread has reminded me that I need to restain the back deck!

In NZ the deck is to kiwis what the front porch is to our American cousins.

Great word w.r.t. Hinderer knives.

Great score on the three inch too :thumbup:

Now, this thread has reminded me that I need to restain the back deck!

In NZ the deck is to kiwis what the front porch is to our American cousins.

You polish your shoes on the deck?......:confused:

:)

I've got to stain the decks at my Parent's home. One out front, one that overlooks the pool. Only the one aloft gets some chairs, nice overwatch pos.

Well hi everyone. I love the front porch, I have one and we are the middle house on a dead end street, so we have some nice drop in. Rubi hope you don't mind but Zoee and I would love to just hang out on the porch with you for awhile. Maybe the dogs could romp in the front yard as we tip a few back and chat. Swap knives for look.
I do love this front porch and my wife actually ask me what is new on BF. She does love the humor that goes around.
Big hello to everyone.

Well hi everyone. I love the front porch, I have one and we are the middle house on a dead end street, so we have some nice drop in. Rubi hope you don't mind but Zoee and I would love to just hang out on the porch with you for awhile. Maybe the dogs could romp in the front yard as we tip a few back and chat. Swap knives for look.
I do love this front porch and my wife actually ask me what is new on BF. She does love the humor that goes around.
Big hello to everyone.

BH, that sounds like a heck of a way to spend an evening. :thumbup:

I had a porch as a boy growing up and have been fortunate enough to now own a nice home in the woods but with a couple of porches and many teak wood rocking chairs. Sitting out back in the early morning hours with coffee or out front in the evening watching the sunset and the hummingbirds take their last meal before bedding down until next light...
Great place to spend time with an old friend or a new one, great place to sit with one or some of my kids (Thankful that they bestow that honor upon me) they have busy young lives with lots of tomorrows yet sometimes they come out and ask me about some of my yesterdays - nice.
Porches are a wonderful thing, I highly recommend them! Kinda like how I feel about here;)

Some music for the front porch? Here are my two other hobbies: Single Ended Tube amp stereos and Vinyl records and Vintage Fender Tube Amps and music!!!! I often take my acoustic onto the front porch during the summer evenings. My neighbor, Mark, often times brings his guitar over and joins me, which then often leads to a small fire in the portable firepit, a few empty beer bottles, and a few kids making S'mores...

IMG_0981 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

IMG_0985 by GermoneGold, on Flickr

and yes, there is an XM in both those photos!

Oh...... !!! Racing Porsches and High-End Audio !!!! Yikes, I better get to a meeting. " Hi, I'm Rubi and I'm a Knife, Flashlight, High-end Audio, Fast car, Watches, Guns....... Addict"

Hi Rubi.

I still have my Mark Levinson, Kimber Cable, Revel set-up but my old days systems :eek: Audio Research Tube for the tops Mark Levinson and Genesis and Kimber Select cables !!! Yikes .

Now we talking!

Oh...... !!! Racing Porsches and High-End Audio !!!! Yikes, I better get to a meeting. " Hi, I'm Rubi and I'm a Knife, Flashlight, High-end Audio, Fast car, Watches, Guns....... Addict"

Hi Rubi.

I still have my Mark Levinson, Kimber Cable, Revel set-up but my old days systems :eek: Audio Research Tube for the tops Mark Levinson and Genesis and Kimber Select cables !!! Yikes .

I used to race my 911's SCCA (Road courses) and then went back to 1/4 mile drag racing my Camaros.

I've always been a straight line acceleration guy, probably just the era I grew up in (late 60's early 70's) Big Block Muscle Car Era.
Once "Light-to-Light" , 0-100 gets in your blood - it's hard to shake.:)

I never legitimately raced mine, just raced around the D.C. beltway and I-95. But I started having medical issues and I also got tired of people dinging my doors at the mall, etc. I'd parked a mile away from the stores and sure enough someone would park right next to me and slam their door open. Anyway, sold her after a couple of very happy years.

I used to race my 911's SCCA (Road courses) and then went back to 1/4 mile drag racing my Camaros.

I've always been a straight line acceleration guy, probably just the era I grew up in (late 60's early 70's) Big Block Muscle Car Era.

i still have my mark levinson, kimber cable, revel set-up but my old days systems :eek: Audio research tube for the tops mark levinson and genesis and kimber select cables !!! Yikes .

oh yeah!!!!

Here is me and my former baby:
CIMG0522_zps19e3b7ca.jpg

oh yeah!!!!

Audio Research M120 Tube Mono-Blocks running thru a Audio Research Ref1 Levinson Transport and D/A converter with a
Tice Current purifier, ALL Kimber Select Cable and depending " Genesis 5's, Genesis 300/350's with their own servo controlled class A amps, Martin-Logan's

Maybe a little 18 year old Glen Livet ......

Those were some Fun evenings ;)

Back