Out of Stock

I should have thought about supply chain issues, we are having the same problems at my place of work.

I figured that mentioning $250 as a minimum for a knife quality knife was normal. I shall keep my buying habits private.

Uh oh - are you in competition with sgt1372 sgt1372 ?

No competition on my part.

Just like knives, there are way more bottles of bourbon & scotch that I can't afford or just won't pay for but I've managed to complile a decent collection of them just the same.

Last edited:
I figured that mentioning $250 as a minimum for a knife quality knife was normal. I shall keep my buying habits private.
This site caters to knife enthusiasts...that doesn't mean that everybody here spends, can spend, or even wants to spend, what you do for a knife. There are members that pay $20-50; and there are others that make your high end look like chump change.
Not talking about one's finances is probably the best option

unwisefool unwisefool Then don't slow down!
I have A bottle of scotch (don't like the stuff, it was a gift). I have 3 bottles of rye (one of which is PVW - eat your hearts out, lol)
Bourbon, on the other hand, I have a fair stash of...much of which was acquired before the evil governor prohibited "importing" to individuals. Since then prices on limited releases have increased exponentially. Now, I only buy what I want to drink...and, occasionally, I'll dip into my stash as a treat.

Knives? I haven't been buying much...and I seem to have come to my senses, in that I've had an increasingly difficult time spending money on knives I don't need and probably won't carry.

unwisefool unwisefool Then don't slow down!
I have A bottle of scotch (don't like the stuff, it was a gift). I have 3 bottles of rye (one of which is PVW - eat your hearts out, lol)
Bourbon, on the other hand, I have a fair stash of...much of which was acquired before the evil governor prohibited "importing" to individuals. Since then prices on limited releases have increased exponentially. Now, I only buy what I want to drink...and, occasionally, I'll dip into my stash as a treat.

Knives? I haven't been buying much...and I seem to have come to my senses, in that I've had an increasingly difficult time spending money on knives I don't need and probably won't carry.
Well I did just buy a few barrels of scotch, so I think I need to take it easy for a bit lol. I've got a 15 year pappy as well 😉. And a couple George T Staggs.

Well I did just buy a few barrels of scotch, so I think I need to take it easy for a bit lol. I've got a 15 year pappy as well 😉. And a couple George T Staggs.

Did you see this article posted on the Net today?

Brit Makes 4700% Return on Sale of Scotch Barrels

After reading it, I'm thinking about buying an interest in 2 barrels - 1 each for my grand kids to fund their college education. LOL! ;)

Did you see this article posted on the Net today?

Brit Makes 4700% Return on Sale of Scotch Barrels

After reading it, I'm thinking about buying an interest in 2 barrels - 1 each for my grand kids to fund their college education. LOL! ;)
No, just read it, that's very cool. Mine isn't Macallan so I doubt I'll have that much luck. But they were distilled by Dr Nick Savage, who was the master distiller at Macallan.

Last edited:
Dictionary.com has just defined "thread drift" with the following:

I have been collecting knives for about a year now. To me, it seems that this past 8 weeks or so, each knife I wish to buy is out of stock.
I am not sure if I am just very unlucky, or weather there is a run on knives that are of good quality.
I normally don't even consider a knife under 250 and I top out at 8-900. Has others found this to be so or am I only looking at knifes everyone (unlucky) wants?
We visited SMKW recently, and you wouldn’t believe the empty space. Many places are either shutting down or running short staffed.

I was able to buy a knife this weekend that I've looked for and and off for the past year or so.... Definitely a drop in supply or an increase in demand.

Even a local brick and mortar place had only 2 Hinderer's a few ZT's and so on.

I should have thought about supply chain issues, we are having the same problems at my place of work.

Heh, don't worry about it. Many of us have moved into higher price tier buying as we've advanced in our collecting habits. Buy what you want, don't worry about the rest!

I'll have to slide into the House of Blades the next time I go through Lake Worth and see how empty they look. Since last year I have pretty much bought only CPK knives, so everything is going great! At this point in my life I tend to buy only quality knives. I'm fixing to turn 61 and don't want to spend money on cheaper knives. But I fell in love with my Kershaw Launch 1 - I think she was about $110 at the time.

There is nothing wrong with that minimum. Its your money, what one person values is different from what another does. As it should be. Its also your money, not mine, not anyone else's. If spending that much makes you happy, no one should tell you otherwise, unless it is spending beyond your means and causing you or your family to suffer in more important areas.

Me, for years I generally did not look at sub $100 knives. However, for many of those years companies like Civivi did not exist, and choices for a well made modern folder were much more limited. I can hold my $80 Civivi Exarch and my $350 Bailey model 2 and appreciate them both.

I don't really go for the "popular" models anymore. I like uniqueness, in color, material, and design. For sometime I wanted a Pro-Tech Malibu because in addition to loving flippers, it was the latest, coolest thing on the market, and was difficult to get a hold of. And I wanted it in blue. I'm done with black knives. Yes they matter, but I have enough. I realized that despite being the latest most popular thing, I'm really not a big fan of button locks, and don't really like metal handles. Neither are game breakers, but I decided to look elsewhere. I'm happy I did.

Back