1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

Discussion in 'Backwoods & KFU Custom Handmade Knives' started by BRL, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011
    i love those little spatulas even though I have no idea what they are for... what do you use them for?

2. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    Adam,i made 2 of those chris has the first one they are very handy,we named it the "snatchet" its all small hatched that can be used for multiple things very light weight and compact perfect camping or hiking tool

3. KFU

KFU Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator

Sep 10, 2007
    Still have that beauty and it still gets used alot. I have a cool snapped pouch sheath for it so I can lash it to my pack when hiking.

4. IMWILSON

IMWILSON

May 20, 2011
    So which one of you is going to make another one or two and put them up for sale?? :devilish:

5. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011
    I second that! Or make one or two and PM us directly? haha

6. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    I have to order steel they run right around 150.00 with no sheath

7. IMWILSON

IMWILSON

May 20, 2011
    Sounds good to me. Just let me know a couple weeks before they are done, As fast as you are I should say
    before you start, So I can put back the funds.

8. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011
    Count me in as well, I love that spatula. The steel color is really nice.

9. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011
    Backwoods Chub Damascus

I just got this knife from a fellow member, which btw was a gentleman all the way. Super fast shipping, well packaged & as described.

I could not be happier. It's the first time I actually hold a BA knife in my hand. I have a couple ongoing projects with Bill and man, if I was excited before, now I'm ecstatic! Plus Bill is a gentlmean as well, for someone so busy he's patient and answers all questions. Now that I've held his work, man am I happy I found him. 100% of my knife budget switched to him a few hours after reading about his knives haha.

About the knife, it's a small knife. 6 1/4" OVERALL / 2 3/4" BLADE. Perfect for eating an apple or as an EDC as long as you're not trying to conceal (the handle is thick!) - The wood on the handle is just a dream, it's beautiful and the finish is impeccable. It also has ebano liners! I mean come on! Yes! haha
    The Damascus blade has a great functional shape for a knife this size and gives the handle a run for its money in terms of esthetics.

Bill, a guy who no doubt [​IMG]understands knives, loves them, and imo, sees knives as working tools no matter how fancy they get.
    Also, it must be said, Bill's prices are really good.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    He does make some great knives. I have the bushcraft thats in the link that you posted and another knife by Bill. They are pretty darn nice.

11. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011
    Indeed tey are great knives :) Ok so I updated to Gold member and uploading pics is one of the advantages supportive members get so I can finally attached a pic.

Attached Files:

12. Toddles

Toddles

Aug 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

13. DeAdEyE956

DeAdEyE956

Dec 31, 2010
    ADAM those liners are sick.

14. AdamR

AdamR

Jan 18, 2011

15. Mountain Wildman

Mountain Wildman

Aug 29, 2010
    KFU Kephart, EDC and Small Bushcrafter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    super nice mtn wildman. would love to get my hands on one of those small bushcrafters. thanks for pics.

17. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    That EDC is pretty sweet. I'm not usually a burl fan, but that it expertly done!

18. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    speaking of which....what is the handle material on that small bushcrafter? i like it a lot. thanks.

19. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bigfatts

Bigfatts

Mar 12, 2012
    This is my first Backwoods and I am loving it. Desert Ironwood, red liners, black micarta pins and the nicest patina I have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]