Paging Eric

I have to say that the folks at Swamp Rat are falling farther behind, they seem to be the neglected group these days and it is a shame because they are by far my favorite of the Busse blades. Eric, any little hint or word would be greatly appreciated. We all know the Rodent line is coming, how bout a hint as to what it is at least, the traffic here has fallen off greatly and needs a spark so how bout it bud.........

Really miss the older line up...

But Rats were in force at Blade. Been too quiet since...

Its pretty sad too because the demand is there. I know many people are frustrated with SR.

I'm not sure I agree that the demand is there. Jerry has been putting a lot of INFI in the hands of the public and, for whatever reason, people seem to prefer it to SR101 regardless of the INFI price point. SRs go down in price after you use them and INFI, if it does go down at all, decreases by much less.

Also, I know some saw a WTB thread that a new guy just posted today asking where he could get something from SR or SY. He's had already at least 4 different people trying to push their SRs off on him. I'm not talking about, "hey, try the exchange", but more like "hey, I've got just what you want."

No, the more I think about it, the more I think the demand is likely NOT there, at least IMHO.

Busse is quite available on BusseCompanyStore - I see it is overstocked. But I do not need INFI. I did some testing and SR101 beats INFI hands free - way way better hold edge. Actually only CPM 10V can kind of compete it and now I see that Dozier D2 is kindo of better - I am not finished yet, we'll see.

But Sr101 has superior edge holding while INFI just bit over average.

Once people realize this I doubt that Eric will have problem with demand. Especially with SR price tag - way less then Dizier or J.P.Holmes.

Thanks, Vassili.

P.S. I will be OK too if Busse switch to SR101 from INFI.

That's weird! I never got a Camp Tramp while they were available from SRKW but after handling a few ASH-1s I thought, "This would be great if it had a Respirene handle" so I lucked up on one on the exchange and nabbed it. It's a little less of a drop point and a bit longer but otherwise almost identical, I love it.

I traded a friend my original BR for another blade and now I had to grab one on the exchange to make it right. I think that if you have the Swamp Rat bug the Busses won't draw you away for long. Hell, they are both such great knives it's just budget and brand loyalty in the end. Long live Swamp Rat!!

I love my Swamp rat's but waiting for new blades and news of new things takes it's toll,I think...I check in and nothing a few weeks pass and still nothing new...not even news of anything. I love my rats but the cheese is getting stale. Let's freshing up the cheese with some tid bits of something new..pics/news blades .

Could that be Jennifer with a new Rat up her sleeve?

2406268186_261468829d.jpg
I sure hope so

I think the demand is clearly there, because of the price point... look at whats available at the swamp store... NOTHING!

They haven't updated their site to reflect the "new line" for what, 3 yrs now?

But you expect updates HERE ?

Like others, I have grown weary and moved on. I'll check in now and again, but not daily (or more!) like I used to 2-3 yrs ago. Now it's every other month. And I haven't missed anything, either !!!

A one-time tease of an upcoming line, unknown what or when, doesn't do it for me.

:(

I think the demand is clearly there, because of the price point... look at whats available at the swamp store... NOTHING!

Please show me where that demand is. Eight different folks have now replied in that thread that I referenced earlier, and even at the offered prices (many of which were at or below original cost from the store), the original poster has stated that he is not yet able to pay the high price for the Rats that were offered. But high or not is a subjective thing. My question is, if the demand is there, then why does everyone with an interest seem to be flush with Rats? Maybe there is a demand for something (anything) new, but not for stuff that is already out there. Heck, someone is even offering a mint Busse Cultellus for $100 less than direct from Busse and he still can't get rid of it!!!

Please show me where that demand is. Eight different folks have now replied in that thread that I referenced earlier, and even at the offered prices (many of which were at or below original cost from the store), the original poster has stated that he is not yet able to pay the high price for the Rats that were offered. But high or not is a subjective thing. My question is, if the demand is there, then why does everyone with an interest seem to be flush with Rats? Maybe there is a demand for something (anything) new, but not for stuff that is already out there. Heck, someone is even offering a mint Busse Cultellus for $100 less than direct from Busse and he still can't get rid of it!!!

Well mey be there is not demand on secondary market Swamp Rat. But I am not an investor and I never buy used knives. Only what I get from this - I should not buy more knives then I need as a crazy and I remember people buying 3-10-15 Busses year ago in a hope to resell them for bigger price. If it is not working out - Sorry.

Swamp Rat is working knives - cutting tools not an investment tool. For this reason I rather by new screwdriver then used one - I hope you get my point.

Does demand exist or not - I am not market analyzer, but if I see small handy SR101 knife - I will buy it, just because it has superior edge holding.

Thanks, Vassili.

That thread sure is a change from 3 months ago. Interesting and slightly amusing with his "whoa thats all too much."

I hate to do it, but I'm sorta in agreement with Noz; for me personally I have or had most of the stuff on the secondary market right now, (ie stuff released in the last two years) so im not interested in any of it.

I could still be interested in new things from Rat, a new chopper, a new fighter, anything with Res C handles, a frame lock, etc, (in SR-101).

I agree with you on the flood of Busses probably hurting demand, especially for the HC, I think considering you can get a Warden for $60 more (if you shop) and considering its 154cm, theres just not much demand for it.

If it had been made out of SR-anything it would probably be sold out...

OnTheEdge: Not to start an arguement but I could probably dig up 15+ threads on here and the Swamp home forums with people complaining about not enough Swamp Rat knives being made. I personally know many people who would like to see more frequent releases from them. They are pumping out the Busses like candy and I dont see why they wouldnt start doing that with Swamp Rats. There are many people who dont buy Busses because they cant afford them but yearn for anything from the Swamp. I see it all over both forums and therefore can draw the conclusion that the demand is there. Its actually pretty obvious.

When they re released the RMD they sold out very quick. Many people are so frustrated with these teaser posts about new knives and then nothing for months and months. I hope that Swamp Rat takes heed to the wishes of there loyal customers and starts pumping out some knives. A small handy Swamp Rat in the 3"-4" range would sell like hot cakes. And a nice big chopper would do the same. Of course both in SR-101 please. This waiting game is killing everybody.

Wasn't the original price of the Camp Tramp $129? I challenge anyone owning one in good condition to sell me one at that price.

Sure, we've got a plethora of SWKW blades. But we are unwilling to part with them at 20-50% above original market price. 2x market price is the norm. Most won't pay that when they can get a new Busse blade for not much more.

Besides, pricing on Busse/SW/SY knives have DROPPED in the recent months. TOO much steel out there. Shockingly too much.

OnTheEdge: Not to start an arguement but I could probably dig up 15+ threads on here and the Swamp home forums with people complaining about not enough Swamp Rat knives being made.

I agree with this, but I was referring to the aftermarket.

I personally know many people who would like to see more frequent releases from them.

Add one more to the list--ME!!

They are pumping out the Busses like candy and I dont see why they wouldnt start doing that with Swamp Rats. There are many people who dont buy Busses because they cant afford them but yearn for anything from the Swamp. I see it all over both forums and therefore can draw the conclusion that the demand is there. Its actually pretty obvious.

Again, I was talking about the aftermarket.

When they re released the RMD they sold out very quick. Many people are so frustrated with these teaser posts about new knives and then nothing for months and months.

It's not just that. Eric must be busy as anything because he tends to ignore pleas for things like time frames or requests for hints about what's next. That definitely adds to frustration. Yet, I have never even met him and get the impression that he is a genuinely nice guy. So the conclusion that I draw is that SR must be up to something, but we just don't know what it is. IMHO, it's probably military orders.

I hope that Swamp Rat takes heed to the wishes of there loyal customers and starts pumping out some knives. A small handy Swamp Rat in the 3"-4" range would sell like hot cakes. And a nice big chopper would do the same. Of course both in SR-101 please. This waiting game is killing everybody.

Wasn't the original price of the Camp Tramp $129? I challenge anyone owning one in good condition to sell me one at that price.

Sure, we've got a plethora of SWKW blades. But we are unwilling to part with them at 20-50% above original market price. 2x market price is the norm. Most won't pay that when they can get a new Busse blade for not much more.

Besides, pricing on Busse/SW/SY knives have DROPPED in the recent months. TOO much steel out there. Shockingly too much.

You may have hit the nail on the head. The price differences between Busse and SR has narrowed, and the likelihood of not getting something in INFI if one wants it has dropped to zero if you have just a little more money. The Busse you get may not be the perfect knife for the buyer, but the steel of most Busse knives is the same regardless of model. I think the general impression is that INFI is better than SR-101 for most applications (even if only marginally), so why not get the INFI instead? Still, we have all seen the Cultellus on the X for $100 under retail and even that is not moving!

Back