1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Park Ranger". . . Pics, Specs, and Pricing!. . . Coming Sept. 20, 2017

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Sep 18, 2017.

1. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    I made my first two purchases direct from Busse this year. A Mystery Bag and one of these. I am waiting on both to be shipped and I have two beers that have been aging for occasions. Now to decide which beer to which knife...

- I am thinking my 2008 Mikkeller (smaller bottle) will go with the PR (Smaller knife), plus this will save the longer aged beer for a knife further out.
    - My 2011 Mikkeller (Larger bottle) will go to the larger delivery.

Just had a Haandbakk (by HaandBryggeriet) that was aging since 2011 and it was Fantastic, a little under-carbonated, but Great nonetheless... Now, I am looking forward to my new knives and my new (old) beers.

Leonardo63 and Cjk526 like this.
  2. spurst

spurst Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Battle grades arent up any longer

3. Srtr

Srtr Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2016
    looks like theyre not on the site anymore.

hope everyone got what they wanted.

4. Blade Boss

Blade Boss

Jun 10, 2016
    I got more than what I wanted/needed you know how it is. You see when the Boss wakes up and puts on his .72 thick infi slippers on and dons his infi robe and pours his breakfast drink into a satin infi cup he is thinking about what we want next. A man that cares. He knows he has many mouths to feed out of his infi teets. Got to let the man rest sometimes. He knows we are all waiting for the custom shop to re open. Something about a British smack down just came up in the forum without a store credit which means the chief is preparing for another release. Now just waiting for the shop credit announcement. Gonna guess it right here...... the nuclear meltdown bulldog something have natha drink.

5. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I can just imagine INFI robe lol spray on some glue on a regular robe and toss a buch of INFI shavings all over it like glitter lol
    The crazy thing is that it would most likely sell out too lol

Blade Boss and LizaMari like this.
  6. Megawatt308

Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    So far it’s been about a month since this opportunity has ended. Can anyone say from experience what the typical time from offer to ding time or delivery is?

7. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    "two weeks" :)

TS71 and NJBillK like this.
  8. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    The Park Ranger is one more fine looking blade!

9. LoganX

LoganX

Aug 5, 2017
    We are looking at 10 to 12 weeks until this blade is ready. I emailed the folks a Busse about a week ago.

10. Matteo Escobar

Matteo Escobar

Feb 26, 2002
    Exited for this one, keep looking at the pic and thinking how awesome it will feel in hand!

Midwest Firecraft likes this.
  11. bullpin

bullpin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I’m very excited for these bad boys ! Even more excited for the introduction of the Busse “pork ranger”.32 thick model. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Leonardo63 likes this.
  12. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I only got 1 battle grade of the park ranger, Im truly keeping my fingers crossed for the pork ranger. Looking back i cant believe I only got one of the BG, they were $157, should have got at least two. The second one in black G10 for $187, what was i thinking?

edit: just put a BG black/black G10 on the wish list, maybe santa will check it this year :D

Leonardo63 and Midwest Firecraft like this.
  13. NJBillK

NJBillK Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2014
    I know that folks haven't heard anything yet, but does anyone care to venture a guess as to the release timeframe?

14. CataD

CataD Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Classic answer coming in 3, 2, 1... :)

15. Midwest Firecraft

Midwest Firecraft Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I am going to speculate December 13th. It is my dream blade design and the 13th is my birthday.

16. Cjk526

Cjk526

Jun 1, 2015
    2 weeks ofcourse...lol...I really can't wait to get this blade too...I'm thinking mid to late January

CataD likes this.
  17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    All this "Pork Ranger" talk is making me dizzy- I just love everything about this one and can't wait to hold mine- but a fatty? man....Yeah, just take my money, no questions asked. If I start thinking about the Park Ranger hooking up some saturday night with an In-Active Duty and spitting out a little chub I seriously get light headed :eek:

18. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    It pobably won't come out until after the A2 TG SEs and the BG Battle Saws. If they release things in the rder hey were offered, and at the rate they've been going, I'd expect th A2 TG SEs to start hitting people's credit cards in another week or so, with delivery starting in late December or early January (leaning toward January).

I expect that a lot of TG SEs were ordered, so it might be a longer than usual gap between the TG SE and the Battle Saws. Also, I expect the Busse rew will be drunker than usual in the coming weeks on Egg Nog and Glühwein.

I'd guess Battle Saws will start showing up in people's mailboxes aroiund the end January or maybe early February.

So I'll venture a guess that the Park Ranger will start showing up in mid to late February.

But Res-C as a tendency to skip the line, so the HOGB8s could push their way ahead.

And you never know whether Jerry will do something ganzaaa-ish for Christmas, which could push things back a little.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM
  19. Megawatt308

Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Lots of good calculations you made, but a February delivery would absolutely blow. Anyway with all the new model offerings that have been coming out. Here is a bump so a great design thread doesn’t get lost.