• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Parkboys deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lennon

Gold Member
Hi I don't like doing this but I contacted @parkboys repeatedly to no success.I did a deal with @parkboys on the 30th of September for a Primate Express card.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mummert-knives-primate-express-gold-card.1686846/
Intially there was no problem getting in contact with him, but since about the 30th I can't get in touch with about shipping info, tracking details etc. I also emailed him with the email address from PayPal. He is checking into Bladeforums and was on as recently as Thursday. I wanted to to sort this out between ourselves as I've told him on PM's and emails but he hasn't contacted me back. Unfortunately I paid him F&F ( I know, he had good feedback and it was international ) but I'm told from my Credit card issuer on the 29th I can file a dispute and maybe get a charge back. I had a knife posted by a maker on Friday 11th it arrived to me in Ireland Wednesday the 16th so it shouldn't take long to get to IreIand. If I was shown proof it was posted with tracking details I wouldn't blame @parkboys for it but I've been ignored.
When I was trying to get in contact with him I came across Tree Herder V Tree Herder V who was also trying to get in touch with him as well about a knife he posted him from Poland and hasn't received payment, but I'll let him explain it if he wants. Maybe @parkboys has a good reason for not contacting anyone ? I don't know.

Last edited:
I also have a problem with a transaction with @parkboys, and the problem is a total lack of contact with him.
He bought a Hinderer Flashpoint hollow ground from me.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/hinderer-flashpoint-hollow-ground-spf.1686466/#post-19281675
Since I'm from abroad he asked me to ship the knife first - and I agreed. I know it's not wise but it's not easy to buy let alone to sell things here for a guy from abroad, and in many cases you just have to put some trust in the man you are dealing with. Anyway I'm a grown up and I knew the risk.
I sent him the knife on September 27th. According to USPS site the package with the knife was out for delivery on October the 5th. On this date the status of the delivery on the USPS site changed from "out for delivery" to "ALERT Awaiting Delivery Scan". And it has remainded this way untill now.
Right after shipping the knife I sent @parkboys the tracking number, so he had the possibility to follow the delivery progress.
To make things clear - I do not know if @parkboys got the knife or not. USPS oviously screwed things up, and I cannot tell if the package was delivered or not.
My problem with @parkboys is a total lack of contact with him.
I sent him many PMs, e-mails, and posted on his profile. And I didn't get a single response. Since October 5th he visited the forum at least twice and didn't bother to respond.
The package with the knife that I sent him was insured and I'm about to make a delivery complaint. To do so I would like to know if he got the knife or not. I'm writing all this in hope he showes up and responds to this question.

Looks like this isn't the first (or second, since there are two concurrent issues) time he's done this...
M MOYOSIMBA was your situation with this seller ever resolved?

Looks like @parkboys visited the forum on Wednesday of last week so he/she's been here since the deal went down. Seems strange you haven're received anything.

OP, have you flagged the original post at all or brought the situation to the mod's attention? I'm not sure on the time frame for getting a refund with your CC but if you're not getting contact, IMO you should try to cut your loses as best as possible and try to get the refund. If the item mysteriously arrives, you could resubmit payment, but it looks like @parkboys is being a bit shady from this single side of the story, but from 2 accounts.

Hoping we get to hear the other 1/2 of the story.

Side note, I wouldn't consider 14 transactions as "good trader" history, not enough to pay F&F at least. There's also a benefit we get for international shipping with paypal G&S as it makes the customs paperwork easier, IMO. I like it just for that fact, less chance I screw it up and some border agency claims the item. This is especially the case as tracking info can get a bit off when changing hands internationally. It's far better now but I would have nearly a week of no tracking when I ordered bicycle components from Europe back in my racing days (campy was a lot cheaper from Europe).

Looks like @parkboys visited the forum on Wednesday of last week so he/she's been here since the deal went down. Seems strange you haven're received anything.

OP, have you flagged the original post at all or brought the situation to the mod's attention? I'm not sure on the time frame for getting a refund with your CC but if you're not getting contact, IMO you should try to cut your loses as best as possible and try to get the refund. If the item mysteriously arrives, you could resubmit payment, but it looks like @parkboys is being a bit shady from this single side of the story, but from 2 accounts.

Side note, I wouldn't consider 14 transactions as "good trader" history, not enough to pay F&F at least. There's also a benefit we get for international shipping with paypal G&S as it makes the customs paperwork easier, IMO. I like it just for that fact, less chance I screw it up and some border agency claims the item. This is especially the case as tracking info can get a bit off when changing hands internationally. It's far better now but I would have nearly a week of no tracking when I ordered bicycle components from Europe back in my racing days (campy was a lot cheaper from Europe).
I agree you have to hear the otherside. If I had received any form of contact and I've tried multiple times with emails and Pm's, I wouldn't be starting this thread but when 2 people are having separate problems it doesn't look good.I understand that tracking sometimes doesn't update for awhile but I never received any tracking info at all.I thought it might have been an issue with a Chris from Ohio that was causing issues on another Facebook knife group but it appears not to be. Maybe he has a resonable explanation but I haven't heard it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the time frame for getting a refund with your CC but if you're not getting contact, IMO you should try to cut your loses as best as possible and try to get the refund. If the item mysteriously arrives, you could resubmit payment, but it looks like @parkboys is being a bit shady from this single side of the story, but from 2 accounts.

I agree. Do the charge back as soon as possible!

I agree. Do the charge back as soon as possible!
Have to wait till the 29th to issue the dispute but if there's a reason I've had no contact I wanted to give @parkboys the chance to sort it out . It's $140 I paid him,$20 extra to cover postage and told him if it was more to let me know and I'd fix up with him.It's only a titanium card so it should be light .Money wise it will not make or break me but I think it's poor form.

Figures it would end up being a mess like that...
I searched both names before making my previous post; but nothing came up - silly me didn't think to try alternate spellings o_O
Obviously, I'm not reading the whole thread at this point; but I got the gist of it.
I should know better than to give any weight to a profile post of that nature.

Thanks

Looks like this isn't the first (or second, since there are two concurrent issues) time he's done this...
M MOYOSIMBA was your situation with this seller ever resolved?
I've honestly had no bad experience with this member. However, I have had problems with overseas mail, some countries mail services inspect packages. What happens after that can be the problem.

On @parkboys profile page there is a post buyer beware July 24 2018 buyer beware which I only came across when trying to get in contact with @parkboys.
But I don't want to include anyone into this that isn't involved. If it was a customs issue that's fine but the issue is I never received any postage info or tracking or even contact back about it. I don't hold a seller responsible for anything outside his control. I like to settle things amicably for myself and Parkboys but when you never received a reply that's hard plus his issue with Tree Herder V Tree Herder V who also can't receive a reply.
I've received plenty of knives etc from the States with no issue from people and knife makers. As long as I'd have some details I could follow up on it.

Last edited:
Please check my record. I have NEVER taken advantage of any member. Fake news!!
I don't want to side track you into this . I suppose your name just came up as you had an issue according to old posts with @parkboys . I don't know what went on between you and him or didn't that's your own business. I think we should leave M MOYOSIMBA at that.

I've honestly had no bad experience with this member. However, I have had problems with overseas mail, some countries mail services inspect packages. What happens after that can be the problem.
I made my initial post based on YOUR comments on parkboys' profile on July 24,2018. Those aren't private, after all.
MOYOSIMBAP said:
What is the problem, you received payment in a very timely manner!!!
Where's my knife!!!!!!
MOYOSIMBA said:
Members BEWARE!!!!!

Of course looking at the entire conversation, you appear impatient, throwing that tantrum just 3 days after your initial contact.

Now, can we clarify something? Why does your profile state your location as Illinois? Where are you really??

Last edited:
My fellow members, I have never attempted to mislead anyone as long as I have been a member. In fact, I have never sold anything on Blade forum.
I'm a honest man and assume my fellow members are like wise.

My fellow members, I have never attempted to mislead anyone as long as I have been a member. In fact, I have never sold anything on Blade forum.
I'm a honest man and assume my fellow members are like wise.
I have no problem with you ,I hope no one else has. I suppose your previous posts about Parkboys are what brought you into this . I'd rather we leave it at that where your concerned if that's ok. Not trying to cause you any issues. And see if @parkboys wants to respond to me or Tree Herder V Tree Herder V about our concerns and see if we can't sort something out. Thanks

M MOYOSIMBA
The whole point of tagging you into this thread was, as asked in that post, to find out if your situation with parkboys was resolved. You subsequently denied that there was an issue; but your posts on his profile & the GBU thread he initiated suggest otherwise.
Why not give a straight answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back