Passaround: JK Toby's knife V2.0

001-90.jpg

Specs are (I think):
handle: 4"
blade: 3 1/4"
Overall 7 1/4"
Steel: the toughest 01 you'll ever meet

Hello all,

I remembered that I'd planned to do a passaound with a Toby's knife but since I switched this order to version 2.0, I thought people might be interested in that as well. (I do have an original in walnut I'd be willing to let someone try out if they were interested though.)

Okay so anyone interested in a passaround for this knife please post here and I'll make a list below in this first post. If I get enough interest then I'll ask for you all to email me your addresses so I can keep track of everything, then I'll ship it out to the first one on the list.

I think that's the best way of doing it or at least that's what I learned from mqqn's great example. *Andy's already emailed me witht eh legal stuff we need to cover and I've updated this post below.*

I don't have any theme or many requirements for the passaround, although you will be responsible for the following:

by signing up you agree to the following

1. You agree to post pictures that you take of the knife and your testing. If you cannot do this - do not sign up!
2. You agree to PERSONALLY mail the knife to the next participant in a timely fashion - at least within a month preferably two weeks, sound good? - and keep the passaround post updated. Here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/998301-Pass-around-JK-Toby-s-Knife-Version2-0?p=11361944#post11361944
3. You agree to insure the package for $130 when you ship it to cover loss of the knife.
4. You agree that it is legal to own the knife in your area.

Lets have some fun,

List of participants:
1. Mykel m
2. mqqn
3. PGeo00
4. cbwoods67
5. TPVT
6. JSMcustoms
7. ArcadiaKnives

If any one else wants in please post in this thread and contact me with your info (name, forum name, address) no later then sunday.

Here is the link for the passaround reviews, I'm hoping to see some posts in the jk forum as well but this is where you can post your review: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/998301-Pass-around-JK-Toby-s-Knife-Version2-0?p=11361944#post11361944

Last edited:
I'm in!
It'll be good to compare it with TKV1.0 & I promise not to pound it into cement blocks or car hoods.

Now you mention it maybe i should make that a requirement as well, :D welcome aboard myke

Hi Peter -

It would be a priviledge to be able to test your design - please count me in!

best regards -

mqqn

Hey Andy,it looks like it might be a good thrower eh?;)Hehe just joking Peter.:p

Hey Andy,it looks like it might be a good thrower eh?;) Hehe just joking Peter.:p
lol :D pictures of you hitting the target with one of your own first though, :p

I've updated the thread with requirement so Andy and myke be sure to read them and decide if you need to back out...thanks for writing them andy :)

that's two at least, that's enough for me, anyhow, I'll leave this open for a while though

thank you andy, honor to have you on board, but I must give credit to trevytrev as well since he's the one who asked Jk to put this new (v2.0) handle on it after all, I guess we'll split the credit on this one :D

Hi Peter -

It would be a priviledge to be able to test your design - please count me in!

best regards -

mqqn

It's a great knife and that one looks sweet! I used mine yesterday doing some food prep! Have fun everyone!

This will be fun to watch. It looks like a great knife.
You guys have fun.

Agreed. I've done many passarounds for JK knives and others. I'm going to sit this one out but I'll be watching for the reviews with eagerness.

sorry to not have you on board guys but i hope you like the reviews :)

One of these days I hope to be home long enough to join in on the fun. For now, I must be contented to watch and learn.

I'm very much looking forward to reading the reviews. I've got my own JKTK coming in a few weeks; otherwise I would've jumped at the opportunity to try this model out.

Hiya Pete. As you know, i have the TK, but as myke said...i would love to check out the TK2.0. interested in the handle differences. So, if it's ok with you, please add me to the list.

thanks for putting this together.

Back