Passaround: JK Toby's knife V2.0

It's a great knife and that one looks sweet! I used mine yesterday doing some food prep! Have fun everyone!
Hey, the man himselfr, tahnsk for coming up with the idea for the handle mod, gave me a whole new reason to want another JKTK :D
One of these days I hope to be home long enough to join in on the fun. For now, I must be contented to watch and learn.
Mack, if you know a date and a place I'll send you whatever I have you want to try out, just let me know, be safe on the road until then though okay :)
I'm very much looking forward to reading the reviews. I've got my own JKTK coming in a few weeks; otherwise I would've jumped at the opportunity to try this model out.
Feel free to jump in anyway, you'll might get yours first but comparison is always fun :D
Hiya Pete. As you know, i have the TK, but as myke said...i would love to check out the TK2.0. interested in the handle differences. So, if it's ok with you, please add me to the list.
thanks for putting this together.
I was going to suggest it in the other thread in case you wanted to see the maple burl in person, (I like it a lot and your right it is best when it begins to darken IMO, like knives in general I think, use makes them better :p) I'm putting you on the list, :)

I was going to suggest it in the other thread in case you wanted to see the maple burl in person, (I like it a lot and your right it is best when it begins to darken IMO, like knives in general I think, use makes them better :p) I'm putting you on the list, :)

thanks bud. looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Hey, the man himselfr, tahnsk for coming up with the idea for the handle mod, gave me a whole new reason to want another JKTK :D

Lol, I just took a great design and modified it a bit, turned out nicely:D This little thing is the perfect all around knife for me, I seriously love this knife! I'm debating getting another in the thin stock for pure kitchen duty with no thumb serrations.

While I'd love to try it I just have too many irons in the fire and never know where I'll be one day to the next.
Thanks for thinking of me though.

Lol, I just took a great design and modified it a bit, turned out nicely:D This little thing is the perfect all around knife for me, I seriously love this knife! I'm debating getting another in the thin stock for pure kitchen duty with no thumb serrations.
it was a great idea, I'm glad you like you knife so much, I felt the same way when i got my JKTK V1, still do, it's a godo feeling :)
While I'd love to try it I just have too many irons in the fire and never know where I'll be one day to the next.
Thanks for thinking of me though.
No worries, didn't mean to sound pushy or anything, just, you know, ever want to try one I have, just say, I imagine the GW, cutlass, ewok and #9 and the others about keep you more then busy though :p

No worries, didn't mean to sound pushy or anything, just, you know, ever want to try one I have, just say, I imagine the GW, cutlass, ewok and #9 and the others about keep you more then busy though :p

I didn't see it as pushy at all. One day I hope to be home where I can take advantage of my surroundings and give a knife a proper workout. Soon I keep praying, soon.

I'm pulling for you, look forward to the pictures :p

I didn't see it as pushy at all. One day I hope to be home where I can take advantage of my surroundings and give a knife a proper workout. Soon I keep praying, soon.

got the knife today, beautiful, I'll post up a picture and a brief review in a a passaround thread over on the correct board then put the link to it here, we should try to post reviews in that same thread I think but off course post as much around the JK forum as you like as well.

I'll probably ship this out next Monday so I'll leave the sign up available until Saturday, giving me enough rime to collect addresses and such,

thanks all

aha, found a working camera, I'll try and post up in the passaround thread tonight
2012-10-04180300.jpg

Here's a hint, I like it :D

That handle looks supper comfy.:thumbup: Purty too.

Thanks protourist, it is a very comfy handle.

JSMcustoms, sure is, I'll add you to the list, welcome aboard

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm really eyeing something from JK so I'd be very interested in being in on this passaround. I'm only about a 30 min drive from Mokena so I'd like to support a local knifemaker if I can. Any spots left?

sure is, I'll update the list.

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm really eyeing something from JK so I'd be very interested in being in on this passaround. I'm only about a 30 min drive from Mokena so I'd like to support a local knifemaker if I can. Any spots left?

Much appreciated I'll pm you my info:thumbup: I cant wait to try one of John's knives

jwolw90: Sometimes I wish I hadn't owned a JK yet just to get that "first one" feeling again, :)

I've started our thread in the passaround forum and I'll post the link in the first post as well, please post your reviews there, but some comments here in the JK forum I'm sure would be appreciated.

I'm going to ship this out on Monday so If all the participants could send me there info (forum name, real name, address) by then It'd be good, thanks

Here's the passaround link: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/998301-Pass-around-JK-Toby-s-Knife-Version2-0?p=11361944#post11361944

Will do KY, I'm realy like John's camp knife I saw in another thread, as soon as I get some knife funds I think I'll see if I can make a trip to John's and create something similar since I'm only 30 min or so away:thumbup: that would be awesome!!

Back