Passaround: JK Toby's knife V2.0

got it, thanks,

those in bold in the first post are the ones I have information from

Updated the list, thanks for joining

What knife is that, 3 out of 20 you say, not so bad when you think about it :)
Thanks Pete,it's a Scrap Yard War Dog.
The first throw is the one that counts though & I'm not proficient enough to stick it on the first throw.:eek:

Looking forward to checking out the JK TK V2.0.:)

Just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks for the opportunity to check out your new knife.

got it, thanks, I think I'd be disappointed if you didn't take it squirrel hunting now you've said it, :D

we're all set, going to try and mail it out this afternoon, would ahve already but got caught up in work,

Sounds good!

I am anxious to see and handle this one!

best

mqqn

jeff might be right, I could see it being a very useful kitchen knife for peeling and such

Some more comparison pictures of the two JK TK's
104_1126.jpg

104_1085.jpg

104_1097.jpg

The dang thing didn't show up today...oh well,next week.

I guess it's feeling a bit of trepidation about being the subject of a pass around..........

There there little V2.0, it'll be all right..I promise to be gentle.

hey myke, I just sent you an email,

seems you shouldn't mail anything on Columbus day :(

I'll try again monday

Sorry Peter & everyone else waiting to check out the TKV2.0.
I screwed the pooch & sent Peter my home zip code instead of my work zip,where I get my knives delivered to.98148 vs 98108
Luckily they sent it back to Peter & he now has my correct addy.

Brain fart....
Doh.jpg

Sorry I haven't updated this yet.I have the V2 & will get pics & review up in the pass around thread when I can.

Hi guys-

I received the knife this evening when I arrived home - I was momentarily taken aback, as I was not expecting any new knives.

Maggie said rather sarcastically, "Could it be a new knife???".

Ha - she knows me too well.

I then saw who it was from and realized that Toby's Knife II had landed in the cornfields!!

I took a couple of quick pictures, then took a few swipes on a fine and ultrafine DMT diamond stone to bring it up to hair-swiping sharp.

My initial impression: It is a very slim knife, and it feels good in hand. I would like to see the butt rounded off a little to make it more comfortable against your palm, as the handle is large enough to put significant leverage on the blade, which might make it dig into your palm where the handle contours are a little sharp.

She is a beauty - the Maple Burl up to Mr. K's normal excellent standards, and the stainless pin and lanyard tube are a nice contrast to the brass that I typically specify for my burl knives. (My first love was Maple Burl until I saw the Snakewood offerings....)

Here is a quick picture with a ZT0560, my Semi-Wharncliffe, and my old Vic Waiter.

It is a little larger than the waiter, and a little smaller than the SW, with a slimmer handle.

DSC_9233.JPG

It will get a good workout this weekend - six racks of baby backs will be needing cut up. Stay tuned!!

best

mqqn

Back