perfect gentleman's folder...for office setting

I use this:
compressedgp_png_1200px_72dpi.png

It's a beauty with really good steel (lam. cos).

Not sure about the price, but I got it at sale for half of what the fallkniven site wants for it now.

this is very true. most people are simply intimidated to even try opening knife with one hand and watching it open with a snap scares them.

i still dont understand fear of knife among city people.i have been cooking for years and comfortable with much bigger 8 inch blades and even cleavers

I personally blame movies and TV. And it began in the 1950s, when deploying a switchblade — indeed, the classic "one-hand-opener" — instantly showed a character was a criminal, if not a homicidal sociopath. That's also when many municipalites enacted laws against automatic and assisted-opening knives, and set a limit on blade length.

It's an everyday example of movies and the media helping to program the culture.

The Buck 55 is a classy, sharp little knife, I love mine. Of course, I love my William Henry's more, but for less than a C note, the Buck fills the bill nicely.

I recently recommended to my boss a SAK Pioneer X. It now never leaves his jacket pocket. He's super pleased with it. It looks as ubiquitous and friendly as any Victorinox, the tool set it perfect for an urban/office setting and in alox, it's a smooth, classy look. Personally, in a blade wary country (lots of stabbings), I carry either my SAK Pruner or a wooden/bone handled traditional.

Back