perfect gentleman's folder...for office setting

Careful of the Cold Steel Luckys (I have two of them)

First the blades are thicker than spec. They say 1.5mm but both of mine ordered from different sources weeks apart are both 2mm thick blades; pretty butch for such a small knife unless you see yourself fending off Vikings with it then you're good.

SECOND AND THIS WAS KIND OF A BIGGY . . . on one of them the blade edge hits the scale screw and dings it. I have to remember to close that knife slow and easy.
This suuuuuuuuucks. I can't send it back . . . you know me . . . I modded the heck out of the knife then noticed the problem. No nothing I did caused it. I modded both Luckys the same way.

Oh yeah, take a look around AG Russell's website. He's got a lot of classy looking stuff, both his own brand and others.

For office carry I'd recommend a case peanut with bail on the key ring. Get one in jigged bone and it'll get a good pocket worn look in a few months kicking round with the keys.

I prefer frame locks or liner locks. Check out the Quiet Carry "Strand" Not 3" but one hell of a quality ti frame lock from a small maker. I picked one up on Kickstarter but he is offering them direct through his website. https://quietcarry.com/collections/the-strand

I bought the hell outa that SW bronze Strand. Ohhhh man I can't wait. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the Leek but lately this is my go to for the office.

abc9f7f571229f212d02dc6b16c0359a.jpg

I'm a traditional folder kinda guy. I rotate a Case Sodbuster Jr and a Medium Stockman for my edc. If you look around you could possibly find both for $100.
f7a289fb01392de0e3a8faf97b4cdb99.jpg
95ca62d00561e2fc04e38ff3c5e60c66.jpg

Peanut,
Barlow
Canoe,
Stockman
small or medium trapper
Texas Jack (like a peanut but a little bigger)
SAK Recruit or Cadet
SAK Classic or Signature

I'd put in another vote for the Boker Urban Trapper - I carry the G-10 instead of the cocobolo handle, but c'est la vie. Actually, I carry two - an Urban Trapper and a Swiss Army Pioneer in black Alox. Combined, I think they come in right around $100. Nice to have the tools, both are friendly for the office, and I can pick one vs. the other depending on the audience. :)

xApuyCq.png

UZGBsjU.png

Shun Higo No Kami has replaced the Praetorian as my letter opener at work.
100649807ab08f94bd244cb208c20f17.jpg

If you're considering a knife for use in a typical mixed-gender office, then you're smart in holding your blade-length limit in the vicinity of 3".

Other things to consider:

(1) Any appearance that can be construed as stealthy or military is probably not a bright idea, so all-black or heaven forbid, camouflage pattern knives are out.
(2) Aggressive (think Spyderco) serrations are equally out of place in most office settings.
(3) Bright colors or some kind of bling will probably equate to friendly intent among your coworkers.
(4) If you intend to have others use or handle this knife, then regrettably, a knife with a brand name like "Cold Steel" or even with the word "Tactical" emblazoned somewhere on it is likely not the smartest thing to have at your desk.

So off the top of my head, I'd consider these three:

(1) A.G. Russell "Agents Office Knife." It's $95 in white pearl. The good thing about it is that if you're asked, you can tell anyone that it's really called and marketed as an "Office Knife." The bad thing about it is that it appears for all intents and purposes to be a double-edged boot knife (though it comes sharpened on only one edge).

(2) Fallkniven LTC "Legal to Carry." It's $69.95 and is available in several bright colors. And like the A.G. Russell, it comes with a name that may put people at ease. After all, why should most reasonable folks be nervous about something that's labeled as "legal to carry"?

(3) Fox Elite Collectors Liner Lock. Maybe a bit pricey for what you get at $89.95, but the olive wood scales give it a warm and eco-friendly appearance.

benchmade 940 series is perhaps the best gentlemans folder created for office.

it looks very very non threatening and very stylish.

sadly its too small for my need but hope to buy it the day i move to office setting

I have the small Nami and can not open it with one hand. The knife looks nice, but it is a two handed knife for me.

I've heard others have similar issues with the Nami, but thankfully I don't have that issue with my large... idk, it's a little stiffer then some other framelocks, but certainly not 2 handed inoperable by any stretch. Mine Opens fine.

Spyderco Kiwi 4. Take off the clip if you like. Very slim knife along the lines of the Bradley Air. This is generally my choice if I am not carrying a traditional in this setting and I like the little GEC #14 Boys Knife for dressy carry.

This! The kiwi is great!

Back