Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

I can grip it if I leave my thumb on the jimping of the spine, but it's too close for comfort if I fully wrap up on it. The grip is really nice in a forward wrapped up hammer grip though (all fingers on the scales/out of the choil), especially with the scalloped fronts to the scales that accept the side of your thumb.

HDFK and FK
36920979262_0e616a24a7_k.jpg

I ordered 2: one with antique edgecut scales as a "safe-ish" queen and the other with linen maroon micarta handles as a less-than-safe queen. Then it occurred on me that the second one would be totally unsafe queen, so I ordered an extra set of unbuffed black micarta handle scales for that second one which I was a PITA to Jo and asked her to assemble for me and just send me the linen moron ones as an extra set of loose handles. I have come to the conclusion that having an extra set of handle scales for each pattern I own would make a lot of sense :thumbsup:
Not a PITA at all!

Everything about the new design transcends the prior iteration, compared here. For me, the best change is in the handle - it just feels RIGHT, as in perfect, offering the control I want for most tasks. Some shots below of a prior iteration and the real thing below it:

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

These things trick my eyes on the computer screen. They seem about half blade and half handle on the screen, but the one in front of me is obviously more blade than handle. Weird.

I like these pictures Bob. To the careful eye, you can see that an awful lot of work went into the development and refinement of this pattern, particularly the grip.

I hesitated saying it when I first posted the images and handle comment, but with what you've said above, I've gotta say it - it fits into my hand in the same way a Loveless does - perfectly

And keep up this look. Your pieces are taking on a look that is recognizable from across the room and that's when it all begins!

Back