Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

sure thing! The HD is on loan at the moment, but I will be putting something together in the next couple of weeks

Please don't! And while we are at it, no more videos of the LC!

How are we going to get one if you are out there drumming up demand?!

:mad:

:D

we simply need to find a way to clone Nate, no big deal.

One of several pieces from Nathan, but better to display each separately, especially when it's something like this one, a dagger that needs many angles to show it's perfection. Best to let Nathan's own words describe this awesomely perfect piece:

"This is a large integral dagger that started out as a 10 1/2 pound block of Latrobe A2 that was milled down to about 12 ounces. The blade is 10". The overall length is 15.3". It's a little over 1/4" thick at the ricasso. It has deep 3" hollow grinds. The scales are made of vintage Westinghouse Micarta.

The distal taper was controlled by twisting the grind back and forth in a shallow helix. This helped me control the distribution of mass and leave some extra meat at the base of the blade and behind the tip without being an overly heavy blade. This is not a new technique, but is less commonly seen today.

It balances at the ricasso/guard transition.

The grip is designed to be held at an angle in the hand with the pommel at the wrist to project reach.

This is made of domestically produced materials and heat treated to HRC 59-60. The scales are fully bonded with Acraglas and there is a total of 16 threaded hidden pins going into a total of 32 blind threaded holes in the Micarta scales. The blade, guard, tangs and pommel are all milled of a single piece, there are no joints. If you hold it at the guard and give it a little thump the entire dagger rings. It's a very solid weapon.

The machined dagger was fully hand stoned to a fine finish before receiving a dark tumble for a non-directional satin finish that has been lightly polished that almost looks chatoyant.

10" blade, 15.3" total length, 2.5" wide across the guard
12.7 oz
Latrobe A2, HRC 59-60
Westinghouse Micarta"

An absolutely PERFECT dagger, Nathan. And I know my daggers. Thanks!

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Those daggers are quite literally artwork. I don't want to ask, and don't really want to know but I can imagine how much they cost and what they are worth now, and in time to come.

That's a bit of a grail.

I need a shiv. And a potato knife. Bummed with all this talk of no more tater slicers.

And now I need a new field knife... Geez.

Oh, and the EDC once it arrives. And something about a 6" fighter.

I will say the shiv is very nicely balanced I'll try to get some cut videos made as well (more cutting targets then wood :)

I also acquired a few field knives when Nathan did his big micarta number. Note that the top field knife has scales from the same block of Westinghouse micarta from which the dagger insets were taken. The dagger inserts were from the core of the cylinder, while the field knife was from the outside area, accounting for the slight difference in color, which is much closer now. I already had enough field knives but love micarta - but went ahead and sold the bottom two (at my original cost) to a couple of guys who I found out were coveting them. Great pieces, though.

A little later I'll post a heavy chopper prototype, light choppers, shivs, etc,

large.jpg

large.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Bob!!!

betzner - That dagger is stunning !!! :eek:
Nice looking set of field knives and nice of you to pass them along.

Just this glamour shot so far. Carry and use this guy on the job ( self employed tradesman here ) and man can this knife can WORK! It's going to rack up some miles in the bush with better weather here.

Dantone,

You are local to me as well then, looks like BC is going to have a strong representation in this sub-forum! She looks great, is that a buffed micarta handle?

Here's a pic of one of the shivs and a heavy chopper prototype (#6), kinda nice to be able to compare the sizes of the two by themselves to see the difference.

large.jpg

Id rather have that dagger, than a girlfriend. They ought make that standard issue for navy seals and green berets.

Nice pics everyone..

Thanks for sharing Bob, some very nice pieces. That dagger especially is incredible.

Dantone,

You are local to me as well then, looks like BC is going to have a strong representation in this sub-forum! She looks great, is that a buffed micarta handle?

Thanks. It is buffed Micarta. I was thinking to go with the Teotuff but opted for regular Micarta. Still plenty of grip and I just can't get enough micarta in my life !

Plus with all the rain in BC any grip is good grip. :thumbup:

Thanks. It is buffed Micarta. I was thinking to go with the Teotuff but opted for regular Micarta. Still plenty of grip and I just can't get enough micarta in my life !

Plus with all the rain in BC any grip is good grip. :thumbup:

Have you handled the G10 at all? Wondering how it compares.

That's a Reeves build steam tractor?

Just gave my LC another workout, I'm telling you guys you can chop all day with this beast. 1"-2" branches are lopped off in a single swing. It's fast becoming my favorite knife ever and easily my most used. And it takes it well 😎
In the background is the fire wood it made for me tonight

Two of my favorites sharing a moment 🍻

Back