Attention Pick a Color! Any Color!!

Here are the choices. This is not your last chance!!

• White, Ivory

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Red, Black Cherry, Blood Red

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • Yellow, Rotten Banana

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Green, Emerald, Forest

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Blue, Dark, Light

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Brown, 5-6 choices later!

Votes: 137 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are going about this all wrong. If it's about trucks, then we'll have to go with blue.

(Just got this rebuilt a few moths back - it's going in something sweet)

euo6OOH.jpg

I think we are going about this all wrong. If it's about trucks, then we'll have to go with blue.

euo6OOH.jpg
It's nice to know that I'm not the only guy who sits his engines down in old tires...
Ford blue would be a little garish on a GEC though... ;)
Chevy Orange though... we could talk.

euo6OOH.jpg
I'd like to see your truck, Dylan!! I love Fords!!
My favorite Off-Road truck, now gone to live with another BF member!!
2000 Ranger!!Ranger 1.JPG
Gray knife -naahh!!

I cast my vote for BROWN... Antique Yellow to be exact... Trying to counterbalance all the votes for Pink

My choice has not changed. I favor red and have had good success with GEC's red sawcut in the last few years - I'd love to add the forum knife in red sawcut to my modest collection (please pay the soup bone no mind).

d9564wL.jpg

Ivory bone, new:
hOJ61pn.jpg

In different light:
kkiYCM2.jpg

I think this one is about 50 years old, and I'm guessing has faded from a light brown/caramel original color:
zEojabn.jpg

After 100 years or so, white bone can look more tan or yellowish like old ivory.
9iXgGVI.jpg

Golden under incandescent light:
D1if3vs.jpg

That happens when the white and brown voters (okay that sounds wrong out of context)…

It’s rare that I can honestly type LOL, but that one actually made me laugh out loud! 🤣

Vote brown! Think Ford!

P7bRi9m.jpg

Even if Non-Red voters unite and try to defeat Red with their coalition move, then it seems only one other color will win, say brown. In that scenario ALL other colors will be compromised too. Trying to defeat red collectively will be defeating non-reds (white,yellow, and so on) individually by BROWN!!
Brown is Red and Red is Brown….
Good luck 😃

Last edited:
Seeing the percentages in both polls (official and unofficial) only Brown looks as ‘the’ contender to Red.
My second choice would be white.
But If there’s no chance of White winning, then better stick to Red and accept the Black Cherry if that be the outcome.

Last edited:
I'd like to see your truck, Dylan!! I love Fords!!
My favorite Off-Road truck, now gone to live with another BF member!!
2000 Ranger!!View attachment 1584499
Gray knife -naahh!!

I am of a sort that doesn't adhere to "brand loyalty" really (regarding motor vehicles at least). There are years of Fords that I like better than Chevys and vice versa - there are even some Dodges that can kick the pants off both of them in certain cases.

I hope to show off my project at some point in the near future. Right now it is disassembled - doing body work, getting the frame squared away, etc.

But if you're curious, I am restoring a 1967 Ford F250 Custom Cab. Doing a "patina" build of sorts - focusing on fully redone innards, new wheels, interior, etc. I have a '71 F100 as well, which I was hoping to turn into a hot rod of sorts but it is in pretty poor condition compared to the 250 - right now, it is a parts truck.

Big FE! My favorite!!!

Yes! This was a 360 that I had converted to a 390. I might have tried to go bigger but I have to watch my costs in certain areas. It can be easy to go pretty crazy if one doesn't set limits.

I am of a sort that doesn't adhere to "brand loyalty" really (regarding motor vehicles at least). There are years of Fords that I like better than Chevys and vice versa - there are even some Dodges that can kick the pants off both of them in certain cases.

I hope to show off my project at some point in the near future. Right now it is disassembled - doing body work, getting the frame squared away, etc.

But if you're curious, I am restoring a 1967 Ford F250 Custom Cab. Doing a "patina" build of sorts - focusing on fully redone innards, new wheels, interior, etc. I have a '71 F100 as well, which I was hoping to turn into a hot rod of sorts but it is in pretty poor condition compared to the 250 - right now, it is a parts truck.

Yes! This was a 360 that I had converted to a 390. I might have tried to go bigger but I have to watch my costs in certain areas. It can be easy to go pretty crazy if one doesn't set limits.
Here is my FE, rebuilt with my dad back in late 70s…still driving it today:

Attachments

• AB3A5B5C-3E7B-496B-AEFB-20F2F214D4FE.jpeg
    AB3A5B5C-3E7B-496B-AEFB-20F2F214D4FE.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DEF9A5D2-A207-451C-B677-CA28CB70A7D0.jpeg
    DEF9A5D2-A207-451C-B677-CA28CB70A7D0.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 19
Here is my FE, rebuilt with my dad back in late 70s…still driving it today:

Dang, that is sweet. Mine is definitely not that pretty. I will probably get some different valve covers though - might dress it up a wee bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back